Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Received Collections Letter on behalf of Centurylink

New Poster

Received Collections Letter on behalf of Centurylink

Edit: I was told that if I cancelled my phone line with Qwest/Century link Comcast would not be able to port the phone number I've had for the past 30 year. So they would canel the Qwest/Centurylink line once the phone number was in their system and my line was functioning. It's weird Qwest never sent any kind of billing at all, this seems like a scam.

I switched to Comcast from Centurylink for phone service over a year ago. With the change I included Internet and TV service. Part of the switch included porting the home phone number into Comcast's system. I was assured the change would end billing for Centurylink and that billing would be handled and I would pay through Comcast. I never once recieved any bill or notice from Centurylink after switching my phone number to Comcasts' service but now I have this collections notice and possible damage to my credit. 

What can I do, is this legit?

Expert

Re: Received Collections Letter on behalf of Centurylink

@SabinSmith wrote:

I switched to Comcast from Centurylink for phone service over a year ago. With the change I included Internet and TV service. Part of the switch included porting the home phone number into Comcast's system. I was assured the change would end billing for Centurylink and that billing would be handled and I would pay through Comcast. I never once recieved any bill or notice from Centurylink after switching my phone number to Comcasts' service but now I have this collections notice and possible damage to my credit. 

What can I do, is this legit?

You need to contact Centurylink regarding this.  Comcast would have no way of knowing why Centurylink sent a bill to collections.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Received Collections Letter on behalf of Centurylink

This is from AFNI collections and when I switched to Comcast they said I didn't have to call Centurylink to cancle my phone line.