Community Forum

Re: Upgraded Internet to 75mbps for $39.99 a month for 12 months now shows $64.95 month

Regular Visitor

Re: Upgraded Internet to 75mbps for $39.99 a month for 12 months now shows $64.95 month

I received this promotion as a  mailing via USPS. I called to get this promotion, but nobody knows about it, representatives do not see it anywhere in their catalog. How does this stuff get mailed from the company and the company is unaware of it? I'm currently on hold with the company about this issue right now.

Admin1

Hi tceckstein -- I reviewed your account to see if I could locate that offer. I was unable to find what you've listed however I do have that same price point available for 2 years with 2 year contract. I can have that applied to your account if you'd like that offer. 

Regular Visitor

ComcastZach, I am waiting on your direct message reply. But since the forum asks that this play out publicly, so be it. Your counter offer of 24 months of internet only 75 mbps for $39.99 is a great deal and even Andrea B., Executive Customer Relations, Comcast Heartland Region suggested I take that offer. However, you stated that since I filed an FCC complaint regarding the first false/misleading promotion you could not make changes to my account and activate that offer. On the other hand, the representative in charge of my FCC complaint apparently is unaware of that rule. Will someone please, please, please run some professional development about communication, SOP, and chain of command with xfinity/comcast employees?

Let's talk Zach, I want that 24 months of 75 mbps internet only service at $39.99/month.

Admin1

I've applied this to your account. This is what it'll look like:

You'll have a base package of Performance Internet at $39.99 per month. You'll see a line item for Blast or Speed Increase $15. You'll need see a subsequent line item for a Service Adjustment -15.00 which counters that speed increase. 

New Poster

Literally going through the same thing (well not me, but my sister).  

Official Employee
Moved:

Regular Visitor

Wow, so I am not the only person this happend to?  I responded to an ad for $39.99 Internet + basic cable and HBO for a 12 month contract with auto-pay.  The price point with the HBO add on was a major reason I chose to switch from ATT to Comcast at my new home.  But then my first bill came as $44.99 for the advertised $39.99 budle.  Not sure how the marketing department was advertising a $39 price point for someting the billing department is charging $44?  Are you just hoping that since it is auto-pay people won't be looking at their bills?

On top of that, I also am getting a 7$ charge for a Broadcast TV fee that the Comcast Support Team, who were helpful in explaining the charges, says is charged to every deal that includes TV service.  Is that even legal to advertise a $39.99 package and then say "well we're also going to charge you $7 extra for something everyone has to have."  well if everyone has to have it, isn't your offer really for $46.99? how are you legally advertising this at $39.99?   I am sure there is some sort of loophole that makes this legal, but it is incredibly shady and misoncstrues the overall price of someone's bill.  Definitely not good for building loyalty and not representative of a service provider I want to have a long relationship with. 

So now, the $39.99 package I bought is costing me $52.99 because the billing department thinks the offer is 44.99 while the Marketing department thinks it is a 39.99, and there's an extra 7$ charge that everyone is assessed but is somehow not part of the package price they can advertise to lure you in.  I'm going to fulfill my 12 month contract and look for a provider that can deliver what they advertise.

Expert

Most bundle prices don't include equipment fees, other fees, taxes or surcharges.  With the exception of the equipment fees, CSR's aren't able to calculate your local taxes and surcharges.

If you sign up for EcoBill, you should get another $5 off your bill.  Just remember, however, to look over your bill every month because it often contains information you might need.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hello @isto

Just like "Again" had stated, we are not able to quote taxes or fees.

The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable provides like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Regular Visitor

i appreciate each of your responses, but I'm highly disappointed with the company you represent.  it may be legal to advertise a package and then tack on a signifnat amount in fees, just because you play a game of semantics with what you offer and what you charge.  like that kid on the end of the street is advertising and selling Lemonade for 25 cents, but then charges your 5 dollars for a cup. may be legal but, incredibly shady and underhanded and is a marketing strategy that isn't going to do much for your loyalty or sustainability. 

also, disregarding the tacking on of additional broadcast carrier fees, your responses do not address the original concern that you advertised the package at 39.99 but bill it at 44.99. (PLUS $7 MORE for carrier fees) while I can see the approach of charging "fees" separate from your "package" as being legal-but-shady, I don't see any scenario where it is legal to advertise a package as $39.99 but then billing it at $44.99, and am evaluating my options on that front.  (again, this is looking striclty at the cost of the package and not the tacked on extra feeS)  I know 5$ doesn't sound like a lot, but when you multiply it times the tens of thousands or more that are being victimized by this advertising/billing bait and switch, then Comcast is making potentially hunreds of thousands (or more) off this and don't even seem concerned about this false advertising or making it right with customers who notice the problem.  Please advise on how to file a formal complain with your corproate HQ on this.  I am also going to Twitter and Facebook to warn pepole to watch out for this bait-and-switch, so others are fully aware and can make the best decisions when selecting an internet service provider. 

Official Employee

I can certainly look into the issue with your monthly rate discrepancy. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Regular Visitor

Thanks, JoeTru.  I think i figured out exactly what happened.  I will DM you with the info requested, but I also wanted to share what I've learned checking my own records and research, since I've been public with my feedback thus far.

I went into the Web Archive site and pulled up a version of your offers page that was visited on June 23 and confirmed that, sure enough, the package value I purchased was offered at $39.99.  You can see for yourself here, my package is up to 25Mbps with 10+ channels and HBO:https://web.archive.org/web/20170623000822/https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers

The current version of your offers page lists the same package at $44.99. My guess is that your marketing/billing department changed the price of this package, probably at the beginning of July.  I used your self checkout and self activation options on June 23 and activated my access on June 29, which means I SHOULD have been billed at the promptional rate that existed at the time I registered on the 23.  My first bill didn't come due until July, when I was billed at what appears to be the new rate you offer for this package.  My guess is there is a gap in your automated processes that led to this billing error.  While 44.99 would have been a correct bill if I'd purchased this package July, the fact that I purchased it in June means it should be 39.99. 

Regular Visitor

As an update, Xfinitity resources have reached out to me in a private message.  However, they have still failed to acknowledge the evidence that they offered this package at $39, subsequently changed it to $44, and are still billing me at their current rate instead of the rate advertised. 

I have escalated to give Xfinity one last chance to save this account.  I am going to take this to Twitter and Facebook, next.  I am also looking into BBB guidelines for false advertising.  Xfinity will look back on this one and wish they would have just fixed their mistake, their unwillingness to even acknowledge the problem has cost them an account and will end up costing them much more before it is all said and done.  There are a lot of service provider options for me in my current location, and I'll even pay a little bit more for one that actually cares about its customers and can deliver what they advertise. 

New Poster

I had $39.99 75 MBPS internet only and i was told it would not change, but last month it went up to $43.99 and this month $64.99. i received $39.99 flyer at home but when you call xfinity or IM online no one seems to know what is going on. I am really frustrated and i will move to wow if i have to if xfinity doesn't fix this issue. WOW offers 100MBPS for $29.99 evethough i don't like their service i would gladly accept that price.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

I am in the same situation. My very basic cable and 75Mbps $39.99 plan was just raised to $64.95.  No one at Comcast CS has any idea about these promotions.  I really can't offord more at this tme and will just get AT&T (who just layed fiber in my neighborhood) for $30 internet only plan.  It's all I can do right now and all of this dancing around promotions and short-lived rates is just too much effort.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

ComCast Zach, how are you offering $39.99 a month for 75mbps when I had to spend 12 hours fighting just to get my bill for internet only down to $70 from $101 a month for 25 mbps? I'd like 75 mbps for $39.99 a s well please. I'm downgrading from triple play to internet only beginning January 30. Please help, thanks. 

Regular Visitor

I'm also having issues with internet only pricing just increasing on its own. I went from being on a $49.99 plan to that increasing to $69.95 per month for blast service and then to $74.95 now this month with an additional $18 added on top of that. This is crazy. Is there a Comcast rep here who can help get me on the 75mbps $39.99 plan?

Official Employee

Hello PHOR, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

I'm in a similar siuation.  I've been with Comcast for 20 years!  I'm stuck on a 25mbps plan and had to take a bundled local/non HD tv package, which I don't even use and the box is still in plastic wrap, becuase it was cheaper than internet alone.  If I try to switch, they always try to attach somethign to my current plan, which I don't want.  To see my neighbors at 400mbps - 1 gigabit for for less than my $70 a month plan is painful.  I would love to talk to someone to help me get into, at least, the 75mbps plan mentioned.

Regular Visitor

Giving this a bump to see if any Comcast representatives can assist?

Official Employee

Hi LizzardLips, I have responded to your personal thread.

Thank you

New Poster

Just talked with a friend who was given the $39.99 Blast Promotion instead of paying $89.95.  I am in the same situation and was told that I could not get this price even after being a loyal customer for a longer time than my friend.  I do not see that this is fair.  I appreciate any help you can offer.

Can be reached at kcbryson@comcast.net

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there any available promotions for you if you would like. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.