Community Forum

Re: Thinking about cacneling because of rising bill to get new customer pricing

New Poster

I agree with the constant rising rates and decrease in speeds that you actually get. I've been looking for other options as well. I called today because my contract expired and they couldn't offer me anything worth signing another contract for. Even worse, the BEST offer the rep could give me was actually $3 more a month and he wanted me to sign a 2 yr agreement! Are you serious??? I'm better off NOT signing a new contract and likely even better finding a new service provider. Absolutely ridiculous smh.
Official Employee

JenB1, that is not the experience I want for you. Let's see what I can do to help lower your rate. Please send me a private message with your full name for help. 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue.  I did a chat with a service rep this morning and was told I have the best pricing available right now.  If I have the best available, why are there cheaper packages offered for new customers?

Official Employee

Hi, alf223. Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. New customer / introductory rates are very common with many large organizations. It's an introductory rate that generally is given if you agree to commit to the company with a contract set for anywhere from 1-3 years, depending. That should be consistent across the board (while rates can vary depending on location) for all new customers. Once a new customer is no longer a new customer, they will not be eligible for new customer rates either. If you'd like, I can double check your plan pricing to make sure there isn't another offer that better fits your needs. If you'd like me to do that, please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Hi, alf223. Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. New customer / introductory rates are very common with many large organizations. It's an introductory rate that generally is given if you agree to commit to the company with a contract set for anywhere from 1-3 years, depending. That should be consistent across the board (while rates can vary depending on location) for all new customers. Once a new customer is no longer a new customer, they will not be eligible for new customer rates either. If you'd like, I can double check your plan pricing to make sure there isn't another offer that better fits your needs. If you'd like me to do that, please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you. 

So new customers get better pricing than people that have been with Comcast for nearly 15 yrs.  Yeah, that makes sense to me.

Official Employee

There are many other deals and promotions that are available to existing customers as well. They are completely separate from new customer rates, but are generally still very competitive with other rates out there on the market.