Community Forum

Re: New Construction

Regular Visitor

Apparently the company that Comcast has hired to do the new construction installs in our area is backed up for the next 90 Days!!!  How is that possible?  Does anyone know if we could hire our own contractor to do the install?  If so how much will that cost?

Thanks!

Regular Visitor

*Update*

Just talked to the lady who I guess is in charge of our new construction install.  Now she is saying it could be 6 months before the contractor gets through their backlog!  Hahahahaha!

Good job Comcast...

Official Employee

Hello drosinski. I can assist you with your new Comcast connection at your new construction home. Please send me a private message with your full name and new service address so I can assist you. 

Regular Visitor

I sent you a follow up message yesterday.  I am literally trying to give Comcast my $ and they don't want it.  My brother-in-law (who has been a contractor for Comcast for the past 15 years) offered to drive 10 hours up from Nashville to run the line and bury it for us, but Becky Baker told him they wouldn't activate our house because he wasn't a contractor in our area.  Cool. 

Official Employee

Hi drosinski! I have replied to your original post. You can find my reply in your inbox. Thanks.

Regular Visitor

Hi,

I'm trying to get service to my home which is new construction.  I've been waiting for almost a month and everytime I call the customer service rep is unable to provide an actual update - just that it's "pending cable construction".  How can I get someone to actually work on this SR?