Community Forum

Re: Need Payment Extension Do To COVID19

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, me too. I tried contacting xfinity chat online and phone and nothing...crickets.

I need some late fees waived and a discount on my account. I actually contracted the virus and had to spend 3 weeks in quarntine and am still in quarantine. 

Please help me!

Jordan

Account <Edited>

Highlighted
Official Employee

@MemphisRaines Apologies for the difficulty in reaching one of our live agents via phone and chat. Sorry to hear about your health issues as well and I hope that you are doing better. 

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

I've credited your account for any late fees incurred over the past 18 months as a courtesy plus added an additional credit on your account. Hang in there.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Is their a reason you ignore my post but answer this one
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Nikwagg 

Apologies for the difficulty in reaching one of our live agents via phone and chat. Sorry to hear about your health issues as well and I hope that you are doing better. 

We understand that Xfinity Internet and Xfinity Voice services are critical for connectivity, so for a limited time we will not be suspending these services for any customer not able to pay their bill.

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

If you need more help, you can chat with the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issue online if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

I've credited your account for any late fees incurred over the past 18 months as a courtesy plus added an additional credit on your account. Hang in there.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Is there anyway that you can help me please? I really need an extension or some assistance. I can pay 30-50 dollars a week which is more than my billing balance per month. I also saw that you help previous customer with late fees, return payment fees, or any fees associated with billing an issued a loyalty credit. Can you help me please? I found this post by searching payment extension during COVID. I will make a small payment today as well.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Bryan38834 

Your account is currently eligible for a payment arrangement. 

I've credited your account for any recent late fees incurred as a courtesy plus added an additional credit on your account. I hope that helps and hang in there.

Highlighted
New Poster

I needed an extension on my bill. I went into the app and scheduled a payment will my service be disrupted?
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Reco0325 If you have scheduled a payment and make that new scheduled payment then your services won't be interrupted 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I came across this forum and am urgently hoping you can assist me as well. It looks like you have been very helpful for some. My account is delinquent bc my unemployment stopped and in my state it’s horrible trying to get through and get fixed. I have back pay coming but they say I’m not eligible for repayment plan. I need assistance of some kind they keep charging all these connection fees and during a pandemic I think that’s so unfair. I’m trying to establish repayment but the fees are out of hand. I spend so much time on phone trying to fix. PLEASE help!!!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@danielle168 

Your account currently has an active payment arrangement.  Payment is expected on 9/28/2020 based on that payment arrangement.  

As a courtesy, we've credited your account for any late fees, convenience fees and reactivation fees incurred over the past 20 months plus added an additional credit on your account.

That should help with the overall balance due.  I hope that helps and hang in there. 

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Wow THANK YOU beyond words!!! It’s supposed to be the 28th but services are not working now not sure how to fix that. Calling in is a nightmare. But the credits thank you!! Sincerely!!
Highlighted
Official Employee

@danielle168  You are welcome. Glad to assist. Looks like the credits will get applied overnight. Checking on that next. Thanks for your patience. 

Highlighted
New Poster

Hi there! Looks like lots of people are having a similar situation. I’ve got an upcoming scheduled payment for a past due balance, and I just want to confirm that my internet will not be disconnected before that payment? Thank you so much for any help!
Highlighted
New Poster

I need assistance with this also.. I have a past due balance, it said I was eligible for payment arrangement, but only thru tomorrow. I get paid on Friday.. I just need two extra days without losing my service. I'm virtually educating two of my three young kids and use all of our services for this purpose. We are currently temporarily a single income family and things have been tight. I just need those two extra days to help, if at all possible. Any help would be appreciated.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Corinnefletcher  If you have scheduled a payment and make that new scheduled payment then your services won't be interrupted. 

I credited back any late fees incurred over the past months plus an additional small credit for your loyalty. I hope that helps in making the current balance more manageable.   

Highlighted
Official Employee

@adams671 

Your account currently has an active payment arrangement. Some payment is expected on 9/23/2020 based on that payment arrangement.

As a courtesy, we've credited your account for any late fees and reactivation fees incurred over the past 20 months plus added an additional credit on your account.

That should help with the overall balance due. I hope that helps and hang in there.

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you SO MUCH! You were so helpful.

Just to confirm though (because it still says my internet will be disconnected today), if I have a scheduled payment in the future, my internet won’t be disconnected before that scheduled payment date?
Highlighted
Official Employee

@Corinnefletcher  to clarify, your account is eligible for a payment arrangement, but there isn't  one set up as of yet. That needs to happen to keep your services on past today. 

You can set that payment arrangement up online via MyAccount or via our Xfinity Assistant. Just login in below and type "payment arrangement."  

https://www.xfinity.com/xfinityassistant/

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you! Still trying to understand the difference between a payment arrangement and a scheduled payment. Every time I go to set up a payment arrangement it directs me to the scheduled payment page (and I already have a scheduled payment coming up).
Highlighted
New Poster

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I'm literally crying right now.. you have no idea how truly grateful I am for this.
Truly. Thank you.
Highlighted
New Poster

Need Payment Extension Do To COVID19

I’m very disappointed and frustrated with Xfinity. Due to an error or misunderstanding with a csr I now don’t qualify for payment arrangements. My services are at risk of getting suspended and I have two kids who are having to do remote learning. I’ve made two payments within the last week but still have a past due and just get told there is nothing they can do.
Highlighted
Official Employee

@gonzaa22 

Apologies for the issue and the experience that you described above.

Your account is not currently eligible for a payment arrangement as the current payment arrangement is past due. 

As a courtesy, we've credited your account for any late fees, convenience fees and reactivation fees incurred over the past months plus added an additional credit on your account.

That should help with the overall balance due. I hope that helps and hang in there.