Community Forum

Re: I was charged for a pay-per-view that I did not order

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The same thing just happened to me for 2 months in a row! 4 different charges. Please tell me if you were able to successfully resolve this and how. In doing some preliminary research, this seems like a pattern of behavior for this company that they have been fined $2.3 million by the FCC for over charging customers in the past. I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and my credit card company if I am unsuccessful getting action with my third attempt talking to customer service.
Highlighted
Expert

@sseminetta wrote:
The same thing just happened to me for 2 months in a row! 4 different charges. Please tell me if you were able to successfully resolve this and how. In doing some preliminary research, this seems like a pattern of behavior for this company that they have been fined $2.3 million by the FCC for over charging customers in the past. I will be filing a complaint with the FCC and my credit card company if I am unsuccessful getting action with my third attempt talking to customer service.

You need to set a pin on your box[es] to keep people from ordering PPV.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I’m confused as to how my response is not within the guidelines of this forum. Isn’t it supposed to be used to share experiences and help each other? I do not trust the PIN option. Instead, I insisted that PPV is completely blocked for my account. My household has never used it and plan never to use it ever. I don’t trust whatever system is linking these unauthorized charges to my account. It is extremely disappointing and frustrating that other clients have experienced the same injustice that I have.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, sseminetta! 

We appreciate you reaching out to us for help with these charges to your account. 

As Again mentioned, customers need to set a parental control pin if they are looking to lock out the ability to order PPV. Please go ahead and set this up and then send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can review the charges for you.

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I click on your name but can’t find the send message option.

Regardless, I went 3 rounds with customer service to finally get my disputed charges escalated for further review. I do not even trust the PIN security option, as no one in my household is ordering PPV with any of the remotes. We have no children. I requested the service be permanently blocked at the account level , as we have never nor do we plan to ever order PPV.