Community Forum

Re: I’m moving, how do I cancel?

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm not able to send you a private message because the button doesn't exist for me. I want to cancel my service because I have left the country due to the pandemic but am only given the option to call the retention team - I cannot retain the service even if I wanted to. I cannot receive calls or make calls because I am abroad. I need another way to cancel.
Highlighted
Expert

@gzhang108 wrote:
I'm not able to send you a private message because the button doesn't exist for me. I want to cancel my service because I have left the country due to the pandemic but am only given the option to call the retention team - I cannot retain the service even if I wanted to. I cannot receive calls or make calls because I am abroad. I need another way to cancel.
Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Corporate Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, gzhang108! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

I'm sad to see you have to leave, but we totally understand. This pandemic has affected everyone's lives in a variety of ways, but I would still love to help you close out your account. I know being abroad makes managing your account difficult over the phone, so I'm really glad to see you here! 

To prevent unsolicited private messaging, new users do not have the ability to send them until posting here first. Since you've created this thread, you should now have the option to send one. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!