Same thing happened to me. Although in my case, they never even notified me of the increase. My december and january bills both say the old rate. My contract expires on the 21, but this billing cycle ends the 9th. I only became aware of the increase when Comcast withdrew an extra $7 from my bank account, overdrafting it, costing me $35 in fines. I contacted Comcast and they acknowledged it was an error on their end, and offered a credit of $14. Then they gave a credit of $12.05. As of today, the credit is gone, and it says my next month's rate is the same as the old rate. But it looks liks the credit was applied to an increased rate as my balance is $7 below the old rate. So:
1. I never recieved a bill showing an increase, or notice of an increase in writing.
2. Comcast only notified me of the increase when I contacted support.
3. Comcast's increase is within the 12 month contract period.
4. Comcast overdrafted my account, costing me $35.
5. When notified, Comcast offered a credit for $14.
6. Comcast applied a credit of $12.05.
7. Account doesn't show an increase.
Hello, Codewerdna. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums.
Since it looks like your previous promotion had expired, I would like to take a look and see if we can find a new one that could help lower your monthly bill. In addition, I'd like to review the account and make sure you were given any appropriate credit you were promised. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist.
To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".
Codewerdna, as I have not heard back from you in some time, I have closed this thread to further comments. I hope you were able to get assistance with your bill, but if you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new thread.