Community Forum

Rate keeps increasing- very frustrated

Highlighted
New Poster

Rate keeps increasing- very frustrated

I started with Internet only paying $24.99/mo, which increased a year later to $34.99, then $44.99, and now my current contract will expire and my rate will be almost $70.00? That is ridiculous. I spoke with a rep and was told the best offer I can get is $63.99/mo for the same speed internet- that is still almost a $20 increase per month, I simply cannot afford this. I'm sure other long term customers get just as frustrated as I am now with this situation. Really looking into alternatives now...

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Rate keeps increasing- very frustrated

I really cannot afford over $50.00 a month and I called companies and told them that.  They said the cheapest is around $65.  Companies no longer want to sell slower speeds for cheaper prices.  They sell 100mbps, of course you never really get that speed, but that is what they sell so you cannot get a cheaper price.  They used to sell 20, 40, 60, 80 mbps for less, but now we do not get a choice!  

I should have stayed with my other company, but their deal didn’t come out soon enough.  But they had $45 price for life for 100mbps.  Your bill wont be going up, well, except they may increase equipment rental and taxes always go up.

If you find a nice deal, let me know!