Community Forum

Rate Increase and Bad Customer Service

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Rate Increase and Bad Customer Service

So yesterday I received an email that my bill next month would be at a higher cost than it has been.  I try to call Customer Service today - to find out if I can get the rate changed, a new promo, etc - I've never had an issue with doing this before and I've been with Comcast for over 10 years now.  I've never been so irritated by a phone call.  I was constantly put on hold and told that there are no promos other than package deals.  I asked about downgrading my plan - and was told I'd still have to pay the high rate for next month - even though it's not due, until next month! WTH?! I was told, if you'd called last month, you wouldn't have that issue.  Well, sorry, but I only received the email/notification yesterday, that my bill was increasing! Is there anyone who can help with this?  I may have to switch to another carrier if Comcast no longer values their long term customers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Rate Increase and Bad Customer Service

At least you received an email, I found out when I logged in to my account and checked my bill.  I used the chat button as opposed to calling (been through the transfer/hold/transfer/hold/hold cycle before) and got the same results as you with the online chat.  I was so irritated when I got off I told my wife to enjoy the tv for the weekend because monday I'm sending everything back.  I agree that comcast really doensn't value it's current customers - just saw a $79.99 monthly triple play rate for new customers but current customers can't get that.  If they don't reach out to me with lower rates (at least at where my old contract was but preferably what they offer "new" customers) before the weekend I'll probably be leaving them.  By the way, I did a google search for high speed internet/TV rates for my area and have received a couple wireless offers far below what comcast charges.  Guess they're not the only game in town anymore.  I'll be looking into the alternatives real hard this weekend. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: Rate Increase and Bad Customer Service

Yeah - I couldn't believe that you're supposed to know ahead of time your rate is going to change over 2 months before the billing - yeah, like anyone knows that.  You are supposed to get an automatic $10 off for paperless billing and automatic payment - I removed that - so they won't be pulling that $70 out of my account.  Total bs.  They don't even care about someone who's been a customer for so long.  That's what they do though - pull people in with cheap rates and then raise them when you aren't paying attention!