Community Forum

RE: Multiple Rate Increases / Bad Service

Regular Visitor

RE: Multiple Rate Increases / Bad Service

I’ve been an internet customer for 3+ years, with the same service. I started out with a promotional discount of around $40 that was locked in for 2 years. Then it increased sometime in 2017 to $56. Then $71-74 in late 2017. I called an agent in early 2019 to ask why my bill had continuously increased beyond losing the initial promotional price, and I was not given any answers, but told I could “upgrade” my service free of charge. I confirmed with her that my bill would not change at all, and she said it would remain the same $74 bill only now I would receive an increase in speed. My bill is now $81, and my internet service is WORSE. I was calling to better understand my options and instead I was tricked into paying more for less. I’m so frustrated and alarmed at the dishonest customer service. I’ve been a loyal customer for years and in return I receive inconsistent service and absurd and seemingly random price increases. Extremely unhappy.
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Consistent rate increases without change of service

Abc18 -- Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. I understand the frustration this can cause, I would like the chance to make your experience better for you. I know how it is to like to get the best bang for your buck. With that said, I would like to look at your account from here if you don't mind, can you private message me and provide your full name on your account? And can you provide your name to whom I have the pleasure of speaking with?

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

ok.

Regular Visitor

I reached out via private messae and have yet to be contacted.