Community Forum

Question about Paying with Bank Info

New Poster

Question about Paying with Bank Info

This is probably a dumb question, but I would feel better if someone would answer it for me.  

I made a payment online using my routing/acct number to pay my bill.  The "pending payment" is showing on my Comcast account but no money has been taken from my checking account yet. How long does that normally take?  

Also, lets say that my checking account doesn't have enough money in for the bill.  Does Comcast push the payment through anyway and I will just have to go negative with possible overdraft fee?  

Problem Solver

Re: Question about Paying with Bank Info

It can take several business days.

and well yeah, Comcast doesn't check your account before processing the payment, so if there is insufficient funds its same as returned check, so your bank will charge you a fee & Comcast will charge you a similar return transaction fee,  & if that ends up making the payment late you'll could also get a late payment fee.

the best way to pay Comcast is get one of those Prepaid Bank Cards from your bank (or even better a different bank) that's separate from your account. and put enough on that Prepaid Card each month to cover any bills you pay with the card.    That way no company can dip or double dip into your regular bank account for unauthorized amounts.

Frequent Visitor

And if you don't have sufficient funds, Comcast will try submitting the one time payment 2 more times!!! How can that be a 1 time payment? I got 3 overdraft charges from my bank. At $35.00 a pop, it totaled $105.00!!! And, remember, this was not a payment with a check (numbered), but the one time payment on Comcast's website. How can they try three times to take the payment out!!! I don't think that's even legal. I'm not a lawyer so I am not sure but if I knew that was going to happen I would have used a different payment method!!!!! Wish I could get rid of Comcast but, I have no other choice or option!!!!
Frequent Visitor

Yep, it takes a couple of days to show up.
Official Employee

Hi jillk9 -

I am sorry for your troubles. I have sent you a private message regarding your concerns.

Valued Contributor

Comcast doesn't resubmit the payments,  the bank does that. Legally they can do it up to 3 times 

Regular Visitor

that is exactly what i am trying to do, i will have funds available  in the morning but not tonight; so I waited  unitl 11:58  pm to submit the paymentt hopefully the card will  not send the request to my back up funding  unitl mid afternoon, if not then i will have an overdarft fee. i think i might be in the clear.comcast usually waits a day or so to submit the request to the bank then when the bank responds they start to process the payment withdrawal. i hope that my bank computer will notlok at the time and date that the request was made 11;58 but  will only see that available funds are there tommorow during regular banking hours. even computers have to sleep.i was trying to avoid a comcast late fee as well since I have overdraft protection that will not happen. if the stars are with me then my plan should work.