Community Forum

Put my account on hold

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Put my account on hold

Hello,

We had to leave the states in a hurry and will be out of the country for a while and don't really know when we get back.

So I'd like to put my account on hold since we are still under a contract. 

Is making a phone call the only option to make changes to my account...?

Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Put my account on hold

@moto1981 wrote:

Hello,

We had to leave the states in a hurry and will be out of the country for a while and don't really know when we get back.

So I'd like to put my account on hold since we are still under a contract. 

Is making a phone call the only option to make changes to my account...?

Thank you for your help!

You might be able to put your account on seasonal hold up to 270 days, but you'll also have to pay a minimum amount during that time.  Otherwise there is no option to suspend an account indefinitely; you would need to cancel your account, and if you're in a contract you will have to pay early termination fees, unless you're military.

Seasonal/Vacation hold is available to an XFINITY customer whose account is current, with no outstanding charges. 

For more information, or to see if you qualify for seasonal/vacation hold, call 1-800-XFINITY (1-800-934-6489) or check this link: https://comcastseasonal.com/

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, moto1981!
Thanks for reaching out to us about your services while you are away. I'd be more than happy to look over what options are available for you and get you into a seasonal hold for a few months. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I setup my account on hold, but I cant see the confirmation anywhere.  Where I can check it  ?

Jiri