Community Forum

Promotions available to new customers only .... why

New Poster

Promotions available to new customers only .... why

• Customer retention department should be able to match new price, but won't. Why?  Because we are guaranteed RGUs. (Revenue Generating Units).  I'm seriously considering cutting the cord since Amazon, Netflix and Hulu can provide me with the same content at fractions of the cost. Granted I'd still be a HSI customer but one that isn't gouged at the cashier. They tout their channel line up like its the best but half of it is worthless.
    Religious channels? No thank you. 
    Music channels? Nope not buying

shoppung .... you can see where I am heading.  
when will we have the ability to buy ala cart packages?

signed

fedup and overcharged 

New Poster

Re: Promotions available to new customers only .... why

I am in the same boat, the only promotions they offer me (existing customers) are bundles that are more expensive than my current rate. I am struggling to make ends meet and will likely be cancelling altogether because even after calling they were unable to offer me any solutions. It is infuriating, the deals don't even have to match the new customer rates, but offering something to reward loyalty would be better than being punished for remaining a customer and rewarding those that switch back and forth between providers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Promotions available to new customers only .... why

Have to play the game and switch between 2 providers every 2 years, to get new customer discount,  i'm in the same boat and going to start doing that.

I have 1 tv/dvr box and internet and i'm upto 146 a month, crazy