Community Forum

Promo rate expired. Called Xfinity for options. Horrible Customer Service.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Promo rate expired. Called Xfinity for options. Horrible Customer Service.

My contract promo rate expired and my bill went up $60.  Today I called Xfinity customer service and asked what current options are available.  She would only give me 1 option.  Every time I asked for more, she said that the option she gave me was the best option.  And then would go on and on trying to sell me other services that I don't need or want.  After I asked for more options, and frankly better options, she got belligerent.  At that time, I had to end the call.  I was on the phone with her for 30 minutes and most of that was trying to upsell me.  At the end of the this 30 minute call, all I have is a lackluster option ($10 less than I was paying, but with slower internet and a lot less channels.  Thanks, what a great deal!)

I don't think I could handle another Xfinity rep yellling at me, so thought I'd try the forum.  Is there anyone that can let me know what promo options are available? 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Promo rate expired. Called Xfinity for options. Horrible Customer Service.

The packages and pricing are regional so it depends on your area.  You should be able to go to

https://www.xfinity.com/learn/offers?CMP=ILC_shop_retaillocalpages_re

to see what is available.  From my area that will figure out if you are an existing customer or not and then let you pick your own bundle of services, totaling up prices and the bundle discount as you go.

I went to a local store to make the change but I think the pricing worked out to what I expected after previewing the on the web site.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

The customer service representative also told me on several occasions during this 30 minute phone call that I can sign a 2-year contract with the promotion she was offering me, but also continue to check in for better deals.  She said that new promos come out every couple months and I can switch at any time.  As I found out later, THIS IS A LIE!  Once you sign a contract, you have only 30 days to make a change.  I cannot believe that this employee of Xfinity is being allowed to lie to customers in order to get them to sign a contract.  Unbelievable.  

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Yes, that sounds wrong.   When I renewed recently I was told specifically that I had 30 days to cancel if not satisfied and there would be a termination fee for canceling after that but before the contract end.  As you would see by reading the contract, but that's hard to do on the phone.