Community Forum

Promise to Pay Arrangement needed

Highlighted
New Poster

Promise to Pay Arrangement needed

I’ve hit some difficult hardship and cannot afford to pay my bill on time this month, but due to my job, I need to avoid service interruptions. Anyone know how to set up a payment arrangement to avoid interruptions?
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Promise to Pay Arrangement needed

Good afternoon, jdocstudios. Sorry to hear about your situation and we hope things get better for you in the near future. You can always reach out to us here (or by any of our regular customer support channels) to request what we call, a promise to pay arrangement. We will then check your account to make sure it qualifies and then we should be able to set it up for you from there. Please let us know if you have any further questions!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Promise to Pay Arrangement needed

Hi there, sorry to find out that you are probably going through the same situation as many of others and myself: I lost my job due to the Coronavirus pandemic, back in March and I was hoping the situation would solve favorably in late April, which didn't happen. At the time I spoke to an agent over the phone and he told me if I paid the past due balance from March, the April one would be put on a accound hold program, and they will charge only $8.00 for each phone and internet, TV service would be shut down. I agreed to it, and paid the past due balance of the previous month and waited. It is now mid May, and not only the TV is still active, but I got a notification that my bill was past due. I logged into my account and found out my Bill is three times what it was left after I made the last payment. I talked to these people again about it, and the agent I spoke a few minutes ago just told me exactly the same thing as the other one back in April: pay your past due balance and the remaining would be put on hold- ?????? Is it just me or I was tricked into a promise that was never meant to be fulfilled? I'm telling you this because I want to let you be aware that they are promising to do this for you, and apparently they have no intention to comply with it. I don't know if your situation is the same or not as mine- I have had two month bill cycles due since February due to low business at my former job as a server, and couldn't make one payment on time, dragging it month after month. But in any case be aware that this  is happening, and you really have to be tough with these people if you want to keep their services. That's not going to be the case with me anymore, as I'm going to star looking for another internet provider and ditch Comcast.