Community Forum

Promise broken

Frequent Visitor

Promise broken

hi

my current contract rates end Nov. 30th.. I contacted a customer service rep (online) and was told i can get a better rate when i re-negotiate new terms - same package but pay less. i have a copy of the chat transcript from a month ago. 

just a few mins ago - spoke to an online agent (king gerald) and was told that instead of paying 218.71 i would end up paying 248.something... didn't feel like arguing as it would be a moot point. 

i figured i have a better chance of hoping someone from upper management from comcast would see this. 

Official Employee

Re: Promise broken

Hi, defjam4122. Thanks for posting! I would be happy to pull up your account to see what package options are available to you. Generally speaking, it requires reducing the amount of service you subscribe to in order to reduce the cost of service. In many cases, signing a new contact/service agreement results in lower cost than if you chose to be in a package without a service agreement. It's not as common to be able to sign an agreement for the same service in order to reduce the cost of that existing service, but it really just depends on what we have available at any given time. You can send me a private message with your name and I'll be happy to go over what options we have available for you. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

hoping i do this right.  not sure if i can attach  a pdf here. 

but i was told "quote" - there will be a xmas offer you can get get a btter deal the you have on the account "end" of quote - spoke to Santosh (online chat)...

am i the only one that will see this here? besides you?

Official Employee

I'm not able to see what you tried attaching. Although, I do have the ability to pull up and verify chat transcripts on my end.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

chat on Sept 3rd at 9:43:29 AM 

my name is {edited PII} and the person online was Santosh

Official Employee

Please send me a private message (confirming your name there) and I will look this up for you. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

Official Employee

It was a pleasure working with you, defjam4122. I'm glad we found an option that works well for you. Thanks for your time and take care.