Community Forum

Problems with Automatic Bill Pay

Frequent Visitor

Problems with Automatic Bill Pay

I've ben hving problems with the automatic bill pay I recently set up. My Account shows it processed but then I received an email that my bank returned it and there could be return fees and late charges.

I called in and a CSR said ignore the email because from what he could see the bill was paid. I advised I had received the email saying it was returned and my bank acct doesnt show any recent payments.

I of course entered my bank account number on line and maybe it had an error but they said no one can see that information so there is no way to know if it was enetered correctly or not.

I went ahead and just paid it manually through my bank to avoid payment issues and then re-entered the automatic payment information.

How can I know if/when the autopay is going to actually process or not? 

Expert

Re: Problems with Automatic Bill Pay

@TitoGiron wrote:

I've ben hving problems with the automatic bill pay I recently set up. My Account shows it processed but then I received an email that my bank returned it and there could be return fees and late charges.

I called in and a CSR said ignore the email because from what he could see the bill was paid. I advised I had received the email saying it was returned and my bank acct doesnt show any recent payments.

I of course entered my bank account number on line and maybe it had an error but they said no one can see that information so there is no way to know if it was enetered correctly or not.

I went ahead and just paid it manually through my bank to avoid payment issues and then re-entered the automatic payment information.

How can I know if/when the autopay is going to actually process or not? 

Autopay won't kick in until the 3rd bill or 45 days, so if you just recently set that up you will have to watch and make the payment manually until it kicks in.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

That certainly isn't what their billing system shows. It shows the payment processing, then it was paid, then an email saying it was returned, and now I have a $30 fee for a returned EFT.

I re-entered my account number after verifying the routing number with my bank, and it says the system is "processing my payment". But I have no idea what amount or when?

The billing is all messed up now because it has my prior billing amount, then the new revised amount after I renewed, then the payment going through, then it being returned, and no a return fee. Still waiting for the late fee to show. And then my bank will send the payment that was originally scheduled for autopay on Monday, so who know's how much the system will show I owe?

A CSR recommended I just go into one of the local stores and try and get it resolved in person. I'll give that a try.  If not I'll just cancel any type of automatic payment because this is really not worth the discount they offer.  

Frequent Visitor

Quick follow up, I made an appt at a local xfinity store and the CSR looked into my account and had the $30 return fee removed. No one can confirm if the routing and acct number is correct because no one can actually view it for securirty reasons, so we wont know if it will work until next payment is made.

I'm sure I have enetered it correctly as per B of A but I still have my doubts. If it fails again I'll just cancel autopay. Definitely more trouble than it's worth.