Community Forum

Price increase with renewed contract

Contributor

Price increase with renewed contract

Just finished my 2 yr contract and got the first bill for the renewed one.   Unfortunately I really could not afford the old contract and now the renewed contract has gone up considerably.  I can NOT pay this bill.   I have a "double play" plan with NO phone which is now costing me over $220.   Can I reduce my channel lineup to the next lowest tier and reduce my internet to a slower speed?  I'm paying for 200 mps but NEVER see anything over 90 .. I would be fine with 50 or less mps.    I think all the channels I need are available in the next lowest channel line up.

I can not afford the current plan.   What are my options ?    

Expert

Re: Price increase with renewed contract

@Rich_A 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Price increase with renewed contract

Hi, Rich_A. We appreciate you posting here for support. We understand where you're coming from on your plan and with your cost of service. We want to help. I can take a look at your account and we can review options together that better fit your needs. To start, please send me a private message with your first and last name. We will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!