Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Price hikes????

New Poster

Price hikes????

I’m seriously disappointed in my recent bill. I have been with xfinity for a year. I knew my bill would go up some, but didn’t quite expect it to be $30 shy of doubleing. I find it completely unfair to the consumer that we have to purchase up to the premium preferred package to have any quality children’s programming and anything I would want to watch. I don’t watch sports and don’t live in New York, so why am I being charged an extra $5 for sports? I find that completely unfair to the consumer and am going to open an inquiry with the BBB and FCC to see if this is fair business practices. I don’t believe this company is hurting and their shiesty charges and hidden fees price gouging is mind boggling. I called and the woman did her best to help despite the fact that I had to ask her to please slow down and repeat what she said as I couldn’t understand her strong accent. As of now, I’m disgusted that xfinity/comcast has the power to lock you into a two year agreement, however, at month 12 you’ll be paying them back for that holy cow that’s a good deal on top of your new monthly payment. Had I not called i would be paying $179/month. That’s more than my car payment! Is anyone else having this same issue?
Official Employee

Re: Price hikes????

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here.Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Contributor

You say you are on a two year contract , and year Two charges doubled ?

for my 2 year , they posted a contract with dollar amounts , then after signing

they sent me a copy ,, what does ur contract read .

Regular Visitor

I too have seen my bill go up for the past two months in a row. It was $158 two months ago, $170 last month, and is now $192. I have been more than happy with the TV and Internet service but my family and I just cannot afford it anymore. I feel trapped because there are no other internet providers around me besides Satellite. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm in the Winchester, VA area.