Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Please take off Broadcast TV fee

Highlighted
New Poster

Please take off Broadcast TV fee

I had a Performance Internet plan (something like that).  A salewoman called a month ago and told me I could pay $10 more to get the Internet Blast plan with better download (75Mbps).  I told her we didn't use TV and didn't have a TV. She said fine.   Now, I am being charged $13.30 for this Broadcast TV fee.

Doesn't make any sense because we had to pay more even though we don't use this feature TV option.

Now I can't go back to the old plan because they said it no longer existed.  I found out online the it actually still existed, but only for "new customers".  In other words, new customers get treated better than loyal existing customers.  I fail to understand this business model.  But this logic is probably above my pay grade.

Another thing, I found out the Broadcast TV fee is typically between $5 and $7. We are being charged with $13.30 for this fee.  Person I talked to at a local Comcast office couldn't explain this and asked me to call in.  Instead of having to wait 20 minutes to get an answer, I am hoping that the online crew can help me resolve this.  If possible, please deactivate the TV service of my plan. I don't watch TV, don't need it.  I am still paying the full price ($39.99) of the Internet Blast without the TV.   And of course, I don't want to pay for the TV Broadcast fee beause I won't use the service.

Thank you.

Regular Visitor

Re: Please take off Broadcast TV fee

This is the right forum account (if you need to look up my info). Thanks. Somehow I posted using an older account (vtp1975)

Official Employee

Hello vphan2017, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

I have PMed you my account information.  Thank you for looking into this.