Community Forum

Payment arrangement failure.

Highlighted
New Poster

Payment arrangement failure.

Hi. I really don't know how exactly to put this into the proper words, but I just had a conversation with an agent about an issue that was supposed to be taking care of a month ago. Back in April I contacted an agent on the phone- after nearly a half an hour of going around and around with an automatic system-, and I explained the agent my situation. I lost my job back on mid March due to the current pandemic, and I was hoping to go back in late April. That has not happened, and it is mid May already and no sign I will go back to work for the rest of May and perhaps June too.  Back on April I was told by the previous agent that they could enroll me in a program to reduce the amount of charges on my account and put the rest on hold for up to six months. It included to have internet and phone active, but TV was to be shut down. I agreed to it, and the agent told me I had to pay a previous past due balance to activate it- I had a two month bill by then, because I couldn't pay it all in March. I understood if I payd the past due the remaining would be put on hold along with the reduction on services previously agreed, and I proceeded to pay the past due balance. The promised hold on my account didn't happened and it is already mid May and I found out in my account that all services have been fully active, and my bill is now almost three times of what it was. I came to an online live chat and a one on one phone call with two different people to address this issue. The first person sent me to the second over the phone, and now  he is telling me exactly the same thing the other one back on April said and promised to me: pay the past due balance and your account would be put on hold- ???? It it just me or these people are purposely avoiding to acknowledge the fact that I lost my source of income? That if I was able to pay back on April was because I still have enough money for it, but none now that I dispose to pay that other balance? I told back to the agent this time that if I were not able to get this fixed I would now have no choice but being forced to cancel their services all together for good, and he kept repeating again the same thing like he was a robot who did not understood that I don't see myself having a job anytime soon for another month perhaps, a job that can pay for the service????? 

So my question is, has anyone been tricked too into something like this, only to find out that such program was never activated, and now the agent is demandint exactly the same thing as before?