Community Forum

Outside cable keeps fraying

New Poster

Outside cable keeps fraying

I have been calling Comcast since 2012 regarding my internet randomly dropping and eventually not working at all. It shows my modem is connected and working but there is no internet connection. When I first started calling Comcast regarding this issue I was told I had to contact DirecTv because it was interfering. That was not true, after fighting with Comcast for months they finally came to my house and the outside cable was badly frayed, the tech couldn’t even connect to the internet. Since 2012 I have had to have Comcast come out every year and replace the outside cable because they are doing nothing to prevent this from continuieing to happen. In March 2017 Comcast came again to replace the cable, instead the tech only tightened the cable line and left without even telling me he was coming. I called Comcast to find out why a tech never came and they told me over the phone the tech tightened the cable line. My cable was frayed so I did not have internet connection at all. How does tightening the cable line fix a frayed cable with no internet signal? I again told Comcast I still do not have internet so they sent another tech out to replace it. Now it is Dec 2017 and again I am waiting 2 days for a tech to come to my house and replace the outside cable. All Comcast says is that they want to resolve the issue but they never do, and they tell me it is not a current issue so they cannot reimburse me for 5yrs reoccurring issue. I have been a loyal costumer for 10yrs and for 5yrs I have been dealing with the same issue that they are doing nothing to fix. I am told I have to wait 2days to 2wks for a tech to come out and fix the reoccurring issue so they can install new costumers equipment when they are not even giving loyal existing costumers the service they are paying for!! I cancelled my tv service with Comcast about 3yrs ago and I am no “unplugged” no internet means no tv,movies, games, social media and a higher Verizon Data bill that again Comcast will not reimburse me on.