Community Forum

Outrageous and ridiculous pricing with bills!!!!

Frequent Visitor

Outrageous and ridiculous pricing with bills!!!!

Last year I complained because my bill literally went up to an insane amount in the $190's.  I wanted to leave Comcast because I honestly only watch one channel that is considered cable and the rest I can get with an antenna.  I only keep it because I like watching the USA network on my weekend, otherwise I am at the point again that I am sick of paying a ridiculous amount for cable and I am just going to go with the HDTV antenna I have.  My bill was lowered last year so I stayed with Comcast, but it has slowly gone up and from last month to this month it went from $131.78 to $179.83...that is a $48 increase.  I feel done with Comcast.  I don't even have anything upgraded as far as the cable boxes I have or anything else.  For the last 7 years I have had the same stuff and no upgrades yet I am paying increases as if my cable box was made of platinum or something.  I am sick of seeing riduculous prices and increases when I have the old box an nothing upraded and for the fact that I literally watch one channel that is cable worthy, otherwise I am ready to jump ship and get another HDTV antenna and stick to my HDTV antenna that I have in my kichen and watch Fox21, NBC, CBS and my other favorite ION television that I can get on my antenna!  You all need to seriously stop hiking up prices.  

Regular Contributor

Re: Outrageous and ridiculous pricing with bills!!!!

I can feel what your saying,but the only way to get it across to Comcast is to leave or cut way back in services(in case your in an area like mine ,where Comcast has the fastest Internet.)I myself cut back to just internet (Unlimited) not to happy about paying 50 dollars extra each month on top of internet but Our Comcast Channels are just unwatchable.Streaming services like Sling TV ,Playstation Vue.Philo etc the Streaming Picture is night and day compared to Comcasts downconverted signals..Also by antenna the Locals are pristine.My family wasnt happy with the switch (at First) to streaming as it was easier to use Comcast Services(you know older people are set in their ways and my Parents who live with me now .What I am getting down to is enough of us need to cut back services with Comcast or Downright quit their service for this greedy company to finally understand.

Years ago Cable was actually better ,you connected directly from wall,no set top boxes to pay extra for.When you were quoted 20.00 for Cable TV their were no other hidden charges.Cable needs to change back..

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

New Poster

I'm right with you, I've scrapped my comcast x1 cable after they started charging me $10/month for HD channels, only internet now as there really isn't any competition.
Just took care of my mom's account as her promo ran out, Bill jumped from $150/m to $215/m. The new promo she's now doesn't include dvr, so that's another $10/m...
Costs for services are supposed to drop as competition increases in an area. No competition, prices and fees are increased.
ISP marketing says "services are now available alacart" but what it really means is that we can charge you more for services you had before when they were included in packages.
Ajat, FCC chairman, is on the Big ISPs dime, not on the side of the people, so no help from him!