Community Forum

Ongoing billing frustration

New Poster

Ongoing billing frustration

have been trying to get an answer on a billing issue. I have been trying for almost a year to get the service that I requested through Comcast.

When I set up my account in April of 2018, I wanted internet service and comcast streaming (no box, just internet). the VERY rude installation person put in 2 boxes and the internet. I was told either I had to take that or wait another 2 weeks for another installation person to come.

When I moved in October 2018, not one person could explain to me why I was being charged to set up another account and why I was stuck paying another almost $100.

Now here I am in February and have the SAME problem. I decided to upgrade my service in January, was told if I didn’t like it I could call and switch it back. I called within a couple of weeks to have it switched back to the service I had before. My internet service was OUT most of the time and the TV package I ordered was NOT given to me so I wanted just internet and basic cable. I was PROMISED that it would be switched back. Imagine my surprise when the end of January came and I was charged AGAIN for “partial” services for January and for a full month of the services I had upgraded to. So I called again on February 4th trying to figure out what is going on again. I asked why had it not been switched back and why am i being cheated out of MORE money yet again. The tech didn’t know why but said he would take care of it and make sure that I was switched back to the 59.96 plan of internet and basic tv. As of today, 2-24-2019, my plan HAS NOT BEEN SWITCHED BACK and I am still showing as owing the money for a service that I DID NOT AGREE TO.

It needs to get fixed SOON or I will be taking my complaint to the Washington State attorney general.

I have spent HOURS on the phone with internet issues trying to get them resolved. I’ve had techs set up to come to the house to see if they could figure out why it keeps dropping off and my service STINKS. (since I can't use a naughty word like what a baby does to a bottle.) Every time we’ve gotten the service to work while I’m on the phone and not 10 minutes later some lady calls me and is rude to me and wants me to cancel the tech appointment because my service is working. She is always implying that I’ll be charged if a tech comes out. Which with the HORRIBLE business practices of your company wouldn’t surprise me. I’m not kidding I call almost every 2 weeks with another issue with my internet. I am paying A LOT OF MONEY for a service that is marginal at best.
It needs to GET FIXED to MY SATISFACTION.

Official Employee

Re: Ongoing billing frustration

Hello, VMgag238. I apologize for the experience you have received. I want to help fix everything. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!