Community Forum

OVERCHARGED

New Poster

OVERCHARGED

I called back in August of 2017 and indicated that I was being charged for equipment that I never had.  They agreed and credited my bill and told me that I would not see the charge going forward.  Unfortunately I took them at their word and did not study the charges on my bill.  They had added the $10.00 equipment charge back on and continued to charge me for equipment that that I should never have been charged for.   I ended up discovering this overcharge over a month ago and called to get a refund.  They agreed this was their error but after 3 calls now I still have no resolution.  Last call they promised me a 162.00 credit in 24 to 48 hours.  Today's call the message was it has been too long and too bad for me that I did not catch it sooner.... we can give you a refund going 4 months back only. (we'll see if that even happens)  How ethical is a company that commits an error and you address it and then commits the same error and tells you too bad for you??  Someone needs to do the right thing and resolve this for me! 

Expert

Re: OVERCHARGED

@sharon441 wrote:

I called back in August of 2017 and indicated that I was being charged for equipment that I never had.  They agreed and credited my bill and told me that I would not see the charge going forward.  Unfortunately I took them at their word and did not study the charges on my bill.  They had added the $10.00 equipment charge back on and continued to charge me for equipment that that I should never have been charged for.   I ended up discovering this overcharge over a month ago and called to get a refund.  They agreed this was their error but after 3 calls now I still have no resolution.  Last call they promised me a 162.00 credit in 24 to 48 hours.  Today's call the message was it has been too long and too bad for me that I did not catch it sooner.... we can give you a refund going 4 months back only. (we'll see if that even happens)  How ethical is a company that commits an error and you address it and then commits the same error and tells you too bad for you??  Someone needs to do the right thing and resolve this for me! 

Comcast's policy is that they will only refund back 4 months on something like this.  While Comcast may have committed an error you are also responsible for checking your bill every month for things like this and notify them immediately, even if it is something you called about the month before, until it's resolved.

From the Comcast Agreement for Residential Services:

https://www.xfinity.com/corporate/customers/policies/subscriberagreement

Your Responsibilities Concerning Billing Questions. Subject to applicable law, if you intend to dispute a charge or request a billing credit, you must contact us within 120 days of the date on the bill or you waive any such disputes or credits.

[Didn't you post about this a few months ago under a different username?]

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No I did not post about this prior.  I'm sure that many people have the same issue.  Comcast kindly pointed out the policy to me so I am aware of it now.  The point is the policy should not apply in this situation.  If I correct their mistake and they make the same one again the very next month, then I have notified them prior to four months ago.  

Official Employee

Hi there, sharon441. Welcome! Thanks for posting. I will be happy to pull up your account to take a look at the billing discrepancy and let you know what options we have at this time. I will review the notes on your account, along with any requests that may have been opened for this. To start, please send me a private message with your name and we will go from there.

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Good morning, sharon441. I never heard back from you on this. I will need to go ahead and complete this interaction. If you end up needing further support with it, please feel free to send me that private message so we can continue. Thank you!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.