Community Forum

OVERBILL

Highlighted
New Poster

OVERBILL

Recently we upgraded to Xfinity Voice. During which I took a close look at my bill and realized Cfinity has been charging us for FIVE boxes monthly and not three like we actually have. I explained this to an operator who went back 3 months and gave me some type of credit. Meanwhile I see this has been going on for at least 2 years according to the records here which I copied. Since I have been paing the same thing over 8 years it must go back that far. I feel like I got a bit of a runaround when I questioned them about it. I  need only go by the amount charged monthly to see I have been over paying, I need this addressed amicably because Comcast has never given me a break when the bill was due so why should I overlook what may be over 2G in overcharges. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: OVERBILL

@SAW794 wrote:

Recently we upgraded to Xfinity Voice. During which I took a close look at my bill and realized Cfinity has been charging us for FIVE boxes monthly and not three like we actually have. I explained this to an operator who went back 3 months and gave me some type of credit. Meanwhile I see this has been going on for at least 2 years according to the records here which I copied. Since I have been paing the same thing over 8 years it must go back that far. I feel like I got a bit of a runaround when I questioned them about it. I  need only go by the amount charged monthly to see I have been over paying, I need this addressed amicably because Comcast has never given me a break when the bill was due so why should I overlook what may be over 2G in overcharges. 

You won't be refunded for all of the overcharges.  You have a direct responsibility to check your bill each month for erroneous charges and to report them in a timely manner, which is up to 120 days after discovery.  If you received a credit for three months you probably aren't going to see anything more.  This is the pitfall with autopay - why look at the bill because it's automatically paid, so nothing to be concerned about.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!