Community Forum

Noticed "Additional Services" On Bill

Highlighted
New Poster

Noticed "Additional Services" On Bill

I down-graded to Internet Only and returned my cable boxes this past Saturday, April 4.  Of course, I found out when I returned the boxes that they have also been charging me for an unreturned modem at a rate of $10-$14 per month for a two year period.  Although I have never had your modem.  But after speaking to customer service they said they could give me a credit for "120 days" because I should have caught the error sooner. But that is my fault for having it set up for auto pay and not really paying attention closer I suppose althought nobody can tell why they added this in the first place.   So I guess a $56 credit on over a $260 expense that was your error is the best I can expect.   However, now that I have down-graded to internet only (which BTW it says $73 when I was quoted $63 and $53 if I did auto pay - so where is this deal?)  But I digress and it is what it is, I suppose.  Anyway, the bigger concern now that I am looking a lot closer at my bills and particularly this bill,  I am seeing two "additional services" that I think should have been removed with the cable.  So I would like these addressed and removed.  They are listed on the bill as follows:  

ADDITIONAL SERVICES

Regional Sports Fee  $8.25

Broadcast TV Fee  $14.95

I am not sure why these were left on my bill under additional services but I need to get someone to take a look at them and remove them as I do not want this to go on another two years.  So how do we get them removed from my bill immediatly? 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Noticed "Additional Services" On Bill

@kpelkey007 wrote:

I down-graded to Internet Only and returned my cable boxes this past Saturday, April 4.  Of course, I found out when I returned the boxes that they have also been charging me for an unreturned modem at a rate of $10-$14 per month for a two year period.  Although I have never had your modem.  But after speaking to customer service they said they could give me a credit for "120 days" because I should have caught the error sooner. But that is my fault for having it set up for auto pay and not really paying attention closer I suppose althought nobody can tell why they added this in the first place.   So I guess a $56 credit on over a $260 expense that was your error is the best I can expect.   However, now that I have down-graded to internet only (which BTW it says $73 when I was quoted $63 and $53 if I did auto pay - so where is this deal?)  But I digress and it is what it is, I suppose.  Anyway, the bigger concern now that I am looking a lot closer at my bills and particularly this bill,  I am seeing two "additional services" that I think should have been removed with the cable.  So I would like these addressed and removed.  They are listed on the bill as follows:  

ADDITIONAL SERVICES

Regional Sports Fee  $8.25

Broadcast TV Fee  $14.95

I am not sure why these were left on my bill under additional services but I need to get someone to take a look at them and remove them as I do not want this to go on another two years.  So how do we get them removed from my bill immediatly? 

Sorry for all the aggravation you're going through. But I definitely would've balked at a $60 credit for a $200+ bill for an item I never even had on my account. This is why I was reluctant to even do auto pay for the cell service we signed up for through this company. It's never a good idea to give any corporation your financial information and not watch it like a hawk. 

Best of luck and hopefully the mods here can offer you a better credit towards future service to make you whole for the charges over the past couple of years as well as getting those fees removed.

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Noticed "Additional Services" On Bill

Well, it is still ongoing!  They still have not even honored the small credit they offered of $56 vs $200+ that was mis-billed.  I guess their hopes is that people will just say forget about it and move on.  I tried to meet them and take some of the blame... but they can't even give me a simple $56.00 credit that they promissed, unbelievable.