Community Forum

Not my credit card???

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Not my credit card???

For the second consecutive month, my Comcast bill was paid by a credit card, that is not mine, and is not associated with my account. I have no credit cards associated with the account and always pay with bill pay from my bank. Trying to get this resolved with Xfinity has been ridiculous (45 + minutes last month, over an hour today).  Cannot see my previous payments online. Super frustrated. I guess I could just ignore it and have some other poor Xfinity customer keep paying my bill? At least they have it set up to pay on time!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Not my credit card???

@mw55 wrote:

For the second consecutive month, my Comcast bill was paid by a credit card, that is not mine, and is not associated with my account. I have no credit cards associated with the account and always pay with bill pay from my bank. Trying to get this resolved with Xfinity has been ridiculous (45 + minutes last month, over an hour today).  Cannot see my previous payments online. Super frustrated. I guess I could just ignore it and have some other poor Xfinity customer keep paying my bill? At least they have it set up to pay on time!

Have you also checked with your bank to see what is going on? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks but I am confused by your comment. My bank has nothing to do with the payment, other than sending it when I request them to do so (I am not on an automatic payment).

The issue is payments to my account, from a credit card that is not mine (all I can see is the last 4 numbers, and it is not mine), have been made for the past two months. We have attempted to have Xfinity "unlink" this card from our account (to be clear,  it is not on our profile as an alternate payment) and to refund the amount to that card and it's owner, and let them know they have been paying the wrong account. To date, Xfinity has been unable to do that.  

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@mw55 wrote: For the second consecutive month, my Comcast bill was paid by a credit card, that is not mine, and is not associated with my account. ...

Are you getting emails like this? :

XcPayConf1.png

I've been getting these since last summer and have had no success getting these unwanted and incorrect notices stopped after months of trying.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yes, but unlike that poster, the payment shows up on my account. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

And the payment from the unknown credit card has been processed and applied to my account today. After an hour on chat with "Monika" who assured me it was all taken care of yesterday at 4 pm. Great job Comcast. I am not even going to try to bother figuring this out.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@mw55 wrote: Yes, but unlike that poster, the payment shows up on my account. 

Not sure what you mean here. In March, the "XFINITY payment update" email I received said  

• "Card Type: MASTER_CARD" and
  • "Card Number: Ending in ********nnnn"

but what appeared on my bill and in My Account was simply "Credit card payment - thank you" -- no card name, no partial number. I did not, do not, and never have paid with a credit card. I use my bank's bill pay service.

Before this nonsense began last August the notation on my bill and in My Account was simply "Payment - thank you", with no mention of any credit card. Since then, I've received one of these erroneous, confusing, and unwanted "XFINITY payment update" emails every month. Each one has a different card name and last-4 number.

Are you seeing the bogus card name and last-4 number on your bill or in the My Account "Bill Summary", or are these only in the email notice?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

On the email I see the last 4 digits of the bogus credit card. When it is "pending" on my account, I can see the same 4 numbers. When it has "processed" all I see is paid by credit card-and. $0 balance on my account. 

And noboby at Comcast can tell me what is going on or seem to stop it? You have been doing this since August?

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@mw55 wrote: ... You have been doing this since August?

Yep.

Thanks for the additional info. I haven't checked for a pending payment in My Account around the payment date. I'll do that this month as the date approaches.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Since you're both not able to get answers, (as to whether it's billing software isssue, or a Comcast billing  contractor issue , or  ??  ),  & since at least the emails list the Card Company name & last 4 digits,  how about contacting for example, Mastercard's or Visa's or etc's   security & fraud dept's depending on  the cards used , and see if they are more receptive to locating & notifying the card holder(s) of a security isssue with their card,  & holder could then stop the payments, and card if necessary.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@mw55 wrote: On the email I see the last 4 digits of the bogus credit card. When it is "pending" on my account, I can see the same 4 numbers. ...

Just got another "XFINITY payment update" email today. It includes a bogus partial Visa card number, but in My Account under "Upcoming and Pending Payments", it just says "Payment received / Pending payment" and the dollar amount, with no mention of a credit card name or partial number.

Please Comcast, just make it stop!!!

ETA 4/23: Now My Account says "TUE APR 21 / Payment received / Credit card payment" and the dollar amount, but still no credit card name or number.

Also see https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Invalid-one-time-payment-email-notifications/m-p/3274....

Highlighted
Contributor

aaaaaand still no answer from Comcast about this perplexing payment confirmation.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@samba51 wrote: aaaaaand still no answer from Comcast about this perplexing payment confirmation.

I was working on this with a Comcast rep from late March through early June, when the rep signed off with:

... I do not believe I am promoting a positive customer experience sharing updates with you almost everyday that have no resolution. ...

The mostly bogus "XFINITY payment update" emails continue to arrive each month.

They just don't care.

Highlighted
Contributor

and phone support is nonexistent now. I need to visit a store to make any inquiries about my account. By the way, phone numbers have been removed from store locations. Comcast really doesn't want to deal with the public.