Community Forum

Not Honoring Offer?

New Poster

Not Honoring Offer?

Good Morning,
I recently upgraded my cable package and first off, didn’t receive all of the equipment so my upstairs cable hasn’t worked. Also, I didn’t receive my new modem.
My customer service rep, Andrea, was fantastic. The only issue is that when setting up a time to have the modem installed, she made me aware that this would increase my cable bill due to the 13 dollar monthly modem rental. The deal that was offered to me included the modem in the final, after taxes and fees, monthly amount. I have the screenshots from the offer to prove that this was indeed part of the deal, but Comcast is unwilling at this time to honor that offer.
Could you please help me get this resolved. I would be happy to provide the screenshots of the deal that was offered.
Thank you for your help, and I really hope you will honor the offer that was given.
New Poster

Re: Not Honoring Offer?

@Russell770 wrote:
Good Morning,
I recently upgraded my cable package and first off, didn’t receive all of the equipment so my upstairs cable hasn’t worked. Also, I didn’t receive my new modem.
My customer service rep, Andrea, was fantastic. The only issue is that when setting up a time to have the modem installed, she made me aware that this would increase my cable bill due to the 13 dollar monthly modem rental. The deal that was offered to me included the modem in the final, after taxes and fees, monthly amount. I have the screenshots from the offer to prove that this was indeed part of the deal, but Comcast is unwilling at this time to honor that offer.
Could you please help me get this resolved. I would be happy to provide the screenshots of the deal that was offered.
Thank you for your help, and I really hope you will honor the offer that was given.

I don't undertsand what u saying it very confusing u do know modems rentals are always 13.00 a month with comcast.

New Poster

Sorry if my post was confusing.
Bottom line, the rep originally told me in writing the total amount of my monthly bill would be 196.37, including the modem, taxes and all fees. Now they are trying to add an additional 13 dollars to my bill monthly bill after the fact.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. Multiple calls to Comcast -even a post here in the forum. NO ONE has ever called me back, even the it was 'escalated' to another department. I have it in writing from Comast, via a chat, that I will not be charged for the modem but they will not honor it. It's time to file a complaint with the FCC. Totally deceptive practices and a breach of contract.