Community Forum

New service

New Poster

New service

Okay my roommate moved out and she left and outstanding bill . Well I got my own service I got everything set up and it was working fine now my service is off of having it a couple of hours. Call Comcast and they say it was a disconnect at this address so what do I do
Expert

Re: New service

@Th06 wrote:
Okay my roommate moved out and she left and outstanding bill . Well I got my own service I got everything set up and it was working fine now my service is off of having it a couple of hours. Call Comcast and they say it was a disconnect at this address so what do I do

If the service was in her name and she moved out and didn't pay the bill, you would need to take your lease and a utility bill and ID in your name and they should turn the service back on.  Note that none of those items should have her name on them.

The other alternative is to pay her bill, which I'm sure you don't want to do.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

We don’t have a near by store here anymore
Problem Solver

Did you get your own service in your name and a new account number?  If so, and a disconnect was issued by your former roommate for their account at the same address, maybe the disconnect was done for the signal to the address which affected your service.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Official Employee

@Th06 wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to us about this Th06!

You will need to provide proof of residency so that we can close out your roommate's account and open a new one for you. If you can't visit a service center then please send us a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so, we can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "Comcast_Support", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!