Community Forum

New service, paid for the cancelled by Comcast

New Poster

New service, paid for the cancelled by Comcast

I ordered and setup my internet on Friday. I recieved and paid the bill on Saturday. Monday morning my service is shut off due to delinquent accounts on my address. After Speaking with representatives on the phone and in person, the only option they offer is going to prepaid internet that costs as much as regular internet but has a tenth the bandwidth, no refund and they want to charge me for a new modem when i own my modem. They accepted my payment, isn't there some law that requires service or refund? and why am I being punished for someone else's billing issues. Prepaid internet will not meet my needs.Xfinity has stated they can not help me. Then why did they give me service and take my money? Why can't they honor the deal with me? They want proof of tings I can't give them. They want documentation I don't have access to. One of the accounts belongs to someone I have never heard of. Keeping in mind this all came up after initiating sevice and taking payment for service.What useful options do I even have here?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: New service, paid for the cancelled by Comcast

New Poster

I have spoken with more than a half a dozen people today. The best tie frame they could tell me for a refund was three to four weeks. That is not going to resolve my lack of internet now. I need those funds to be able to pursue any alternatives. Not in three to four weeks. I need to be online now.

Regular Contributor

@gggodare wrote:

I ordered and setup my internet on Friday. I recieved and paid the bill on Saturday. Monday morning my service is shut off due to delinquent accounts on my address. After Speaking with representatives on the phone and in person, the only option they offer is going to prepaid internet that costs as much as regular internet but has a tenth the bandwidth, no refund and they want to charge me for a new modem when i own my modem. They accepted my payment, isn't there some law that requires service or refund? and why am I being punished for someone else's billing issues. Prepaid internet will not meet my needs.Xfinity has stated they can not help me. Then why did they give me service and take my money? Why can't they honor the deal with me? They want proof of tings I can't give them. They want documentation I don't have access to. One of the accounts belongs to someone I have never heard of. Keeping in mind this all came up after initiating sevice and taking payment for service.What useful options do I even have here?

It sounds really sketchy that you can't (won't) give proof that just you and not the previous resident live there still, and not just get out of paying an outstanding bill. All it would take is a lease agreement. I think everybody knows what the case is...time to be honest

New Poster

I am looking for help with my problem. I am not looking for a troll. If you don't have useful advice try not responding.

Expert

Typically in a case like this, you would take your lease or purchase agreement to your local service center and you're good to go. This isn't an option for you? If you can't prove that you are not related to the outstanding bill, then there aren't too many options for you.

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

Yeah. That part i get. What I don't understand and can not accept is that they waited until i paid them and then cancelled the service. Now it will take weeks for them to return said payment. I signed up on a no contract agreement. If they can not refund my money promptly, why not give me the service i paid for and not continue it further. Or refund my money when i was in their store this morning, in person. Why send me on a chain of customer reps that can't help instead of tell me they can't help upfront. Comcast/Xfinity has not respected my time, not simplified my experience, and have made no effort to make it right. They say that is their commitment to every customer. But all I am seeing is me being punished ofr someone elses behavior.
I don't think a prompt refund is unreasonable. I don't think limiting the service to what has been paid for is unreasonable. What is unreasonable is setting up the service, billing me, accepting payment for service and then denying service, with no reasonable solution.
Just because I am poor, does not mean I should be treated poorly.

New Poster

Rapid Reveiw team is processing my refund, so nominally resolved.

Official Employee

Hi, gggodare - My apologies for this situation and I'm glad to hear that your refund has been processed. Please let me know if you have any questions.