Community Forum

New internet promo available?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

New internet promo available?

Looks like my 1 year contract is about to expire in a couple weeks. Are there any promos available for another year? We like the service but the cost of internet at your everyday price is a bit too much to handle. On top of that we've gone over our data allotment the last 4 months(covid 3 months + 1 free overage) and have to pay for unlimited starting in August. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: New internet promo available?

I don’t know anything about promos in your area, but I was thinking about data overages. I had a data overage once and could not figure out why I would have gone over. I found out by exploring my online account and found in my settings “Wi-Fi access” had been enabled.  I can’t remember exactly what it is called. But Xfinity’s wording is as though if you enable that Wifi, you are allowing guests in your home to access your Wi-Fi without having to give them your password.  However, in reality, you’ve set up a public hotspot, so not only do your guests have access to your Wi-Fi so does everybody else in your area within distance of your Wi-Fi. So there may be many neighbors and public strangers who could be accessing your Wi-Fi without you knowing it and you may be paying for it.  You may want to check the setting in your account to be sure.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks. I checked my router and it's secure with wpa2 encryption. Our family just uses a lot of data with gaming and streaming movies.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello richeydog3. Thanks for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with reviewing your account and the available offers to help you keep costs down. I certainly understand your pain with maintaining a budget, and concerns about data usage. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and service address so I can assist you. To send a private message: click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile. Then click the link that says "Send a message" and there you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!