Community Forum

New customer to Xfinity. Credit Check was the wrong SSN# but still went through

Highlighted
New Poster

New customer to Xfinity. Credit Check was the wrong SSN# but still went through

Hello, I signed up with Xfinity today and upon checking out at the very end it was asking for a credit check so it asked for my SSN#. Thinking I had the right SSN# plugged in I soon came to realize it was incorrect. Everything went through and eventually, I'm getting my connection and tv boxes, so what does that mean now? Can I change it to the correct one so I’m not falsely using someone else’s information...

I'm not sure if it's going to use whatever SSN# was plugged unless paying bills manually override the usage of that information I just want to know. Also when it asked me the first time it never did ask again after that even after refreshing the page because I wanted to make sure I have the plan I wanted it never did ask so I'm not sure if it was saved.

I'd like to know as much as possible and if this is going to affect me in, either way, tech guy will be here on Thursday. 

Highlighted
Expert

Re: New customer to Xfinity. Credit Check was the wrong SSN# but still went through

@AdrianV20 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums.  A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: New customer to Xfinity. Credit Check was the wrong SSN# but still went through

Hello, AdrianV20! We really appreciate you reaching out to us here on the forums for help with your new services. I definitely understand your concern with this kind of mix-up and I'd love to look further into this with you to get it sorted out. Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!