Community Forum

Negative Report on my Credit Report, says Paid but still negatively affecting me

Regular Visitor

Negative Report on my Credit Report, says Paid but still negatively affecting me

had an account which I said I owed Comcast for items not returned. However, I had a technician come out and remove the items from the property. This was in 2017. Im currently trying to purchase my first home and this has caused the lender to contact me regarding this item. The report says it was paid off yet its still showing up and damaging my credit score. I recently spoke with Atul from Billing and he confirmed with me that the Equipment Charge had been successfully removed from my account and also created a ticket reference number.

Does anyone know how I can reach someone who will contact the collection agency to remove this item from my report as its impacting my ability to buy a home? I need help ASAP! All I am asking for is for someone to contact the collection agency and say "It was a mistake on Comcast's end that led to this being referred to collections. Please let the credit agencies know." !!! PLEASE HELP ME @ComcastElla @ComcastAlly @ComcastMorgan 

New Poster

Re: Negative Report on my Credit Report, says Paid but still negatively affecting me

If you have the information that you had paid or returned/had Comcast come out to uninstall etc. take equipment. Contact the collection agency and or Credit Report  to contest this ding on your 

credit report. On these credit report sites there should be a link if you are contesting these charges as well. And go from there. Better to take matters into your own hands because truthfully sometimes this isnt a priority for Comcast/Collection Agency. So i think it is a great idea to contact them.I had a issue on my report and followed the info provided and had my ding off of my credit report the next week. Good Luck!!