Community Forum

Need to talk with an agent about my bill

Highlighted
New Poster

Need to talk with an agent about my bill

I called 888-COMCAST, 800-COMCAST.  I followed the menu options to talk to an agent about my bill, and it texted me an automated menu to go through and promised I would get to talk to an agent if this didn't help me.  When clicking through things in the automated text menu, it then referred me to a link.  The link takes me to the automated chat agent online, which spits out options, and ultimately gives me a message saying they cannot help due to the coronavirus, and to try visiting my account online to get what I need.  It seems like the system is designed to not allow me to talk to an agent no matter what I do.  I understand waiting longer due to COVID19, but it appears I don't even have the option to wait or get into any sort of Customer Service queue.

For context, a rather large discount that was previously on my bill has disappeared.  I thought I was in a contract so I'm confused.  My wife is losing her job, and I need to discuss options for keeping service but lowering my bill.

Thank you to anyone who can help get me in contact with an agent!

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Need to talk with an agent about my bill

Sorry to say, this is widespread and probably getting worse. Last time I was on a chat, I was told I had to call to get my bill fixed. Calling connected me with someone in another part of the world, apparently working from home, and the call dropped almost immediately. That was a few days ago. Today I tried chat again and discovered that Comcast has completely disabled live chat - no longer available. Not sure what I am supposed to do, other than <Edited> pay it, which is apparently what Comcast wants.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have the exact same problem...it is pretty much impossible to talk to a real person & getting nowhere with the internet or phone.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Good news, they are still accepting payments.  Just kidding.  I tried that, but my text message asked for 5 options and when i selected it, it never even gave me a link.  Tried the chat option and it just gave the same "coronavirus" message as you got.  It would be nice to have a contract and not have it change on you, always to the upside it seems; what is the purpose of a contract?  No sports currently but no courtesy discount either.  But like Isay, at least they allow us to pay our bill; how nice.  Time to look for a downsize bigtime, or other options.  Take care.