Community Forum

Need help

Highlighted
New Poster

Need help

My name is Chen <Edited>. I am a Comcast subscriber registered under <Edited>

I've been a loyal customer and now im asking for this in the time of Cris. I work in Denver and we're shut down until further notice and right now anything well and can help me and my little family so. As a result, I would like a refund of at least $103.98.

Please reply with a confirmation to my email within 24 hours.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help

@89kane wrote:

I've been a loyal customer and now im asking for this in the time of Cris. I work in Denver and we're shut down until further notice and right now anything well and can help me and my little family so. As a result, I would like a refund of at least $103.98.

@89kane 

So why would you like a refund? Have you canceled your services? No offense, if you are still an active customer and are using Comcast services then it is ridiculous to assume they will just provide you a credit for your monthly bill because you were laid off. That is simply not how it works.

Comcast has done many things to assist their customers during this time (information on that found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/Comprehensive-COVID-19-Response-to-Help-Keep-American...)including waiving late fees. 

If you are just wanting a credit because you have been laid off, I recommend requesting that your services be downgraded to something you can afford for the time being or maybe put your services on a Seasonal Hold (information on that found here: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account/ANSWERED-What-is-Seasonal-Billing-from-Xfinity-and-how-to/t...)

I just would not expect them to credit you that amount just because you were laid off. Literally the entire country and Comcast's millions of customers have all been impacted. They cannot credit everyone as they still are providing services and have their own employees to pay.

Hope this helps. Stay safe. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Need help

@89kane wrote:

I've been a loyal customer and nowimm asking for this in the time of Cris. I work in Denver and we're shut down until further notice and right now anything well and can help me and my little family so. As a result, I would like a refund of at least $103.98.

Thanks for being a Comcast  customer. A full list of our response to the current situationn is available at the link below: 

https:/wwwwxfinityy.com/prepare

We know your Xfinity service is critical at this time and we want to make sure you remain connected. If you have been impacted by quarantines or closures and need more time to pay your bill for Xfinity TV, Internet, Home or home phone services:

• Select Billing, then Bill and Payment Settings
  • Click on Schedule a Payment
  • Then go to Payment Date and choose a new due date

If you need more help, you can ask the Xfinity Assistant. Or, report an issueonlinee if you believe your payment was misapplied (or is missing).

As a courtesy, we have credited back the recent late charge on your account.

Hang in there.   

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!