Community Forum

Need callback from Retention Department

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Need callback from Retention Department

Need callback from Retention department.  I spoke with a representative there on Monday the 23rd at about 5:30PM Eastern time, and she said she would call me back the next day (Tuesday).  I have not gotten a call back.  It is an urgent issue that I needed resolved.  I am trying to restore service and need amnesty because I am being directed to work from home later this week.  I cannot get through to Retention because of the wait time to get through a Customer Service Rep and then on to Retention, before it closes.  Can someone please PM me?  I tried this post before but somehow it "violated the guidelines".  Please, I need help!

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Need callback from Retention Department

@toddster1 

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Got through to a customer service rep in Jamaica today. She kept denying me transfer to Retention. Said "had to ask for permission".  Insisted.  Got transferred to another CSR, and she said, Retention. Couldn't help me at all. Said I have to pay full balance to restart. Tried to get REAL Retention rep or supervisor. Call got disconnected while on hold.  Had been on hold for an hour and a half.  Need service back because I am being made to work from home because of COVID-19.  That didn't matter. She claimed "tried to get service back on for you but The System wouldn't allow them to."  I know better.  All about the money and no compassion that I will lose my job because of no Internet. (I'm posting this from my phone.)

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

It’s not really retention that’s going to help you if they’ve already turned off your service. There’s nothing to retain. It’s like they stated, you have to pay outstanding balance to get service, that’s their policy.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hello, toddster1!

We appreciate you reaching out to us about your need for an internet connection. If your outstanding balance is more than a year old you may still be eligible for our Internet Essentials Amnesty program. You can read more about it here and apply it to see if you are eligible. 

https://xfin.tv/3armMKh

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Well I was approved for Internet Essentials and they were supposed to drop off equipment today between 10am and noon today. No one showed up. Tried calling their customer service line and it kept saying hold time more than 100 mins and after 4 hours of holding it hung up on me. Need someone to bring the modem! Gonna lose my job now because I can't work from home.