Community Forum

Need Customer Loyalty Support!

New Poster

Need Customer Loyalty Support!

What has happened to Customer Loyalty and Support department?!  I have been a loyal Comcast/Xfinity customer for 15 years.  I have been loyal because, despite marginal customer service on many occasions over the years, Comcast has been willing to provide pricing similar to me as the "teaser" rates offered to new customers.  For the past 4-5 years each time my triple play contract has expired, I have contacted Customer Loyalty Support and they have always helped me (a representative would negotiate a new 12 or 24 month agreement for me with Comcast that would be within a few dollars per month as my old contract price).  Two years ago I negotiated a 24-month contract with a great representative (I think he goes my ComcastJoeTru in the forums).  He told me when my contract expires in two years to simply call the 1-800-xfinity phone number, ask for Customer Loyalty Support and I would be taken care of as a long-time loyal customer. 

I got off the telephone with 1-800-Xfinity about an hour ago.  I had a 90 minute phone call/attempt to negotiate a new contract with a representative who said his name is "Fer" (he even spelled his name for me over the telephone).  "Fer" tells me he has no knowledge of a Customer Loyalty Support department, that no one in the call center has ever heard of anything like it, and that he can give me the best contract pricing (he couldn't even get within $15 per month for my current services). I repeatedly requested that he transfer me to Customer Loyalty, and he repeatedly put me on hold and returned to tell me that he could give me the best price.  I eventually demanded to speak to his supervisor and was somehow mysteriously disconnected at that point.  I had also placed a request to complete the survey at the conclusion of my phone call (which I always do when I call the 1-800-Xfinity line) and have yet to receive the survey phone call (I have always received the survey call within minutes of hanging up the telphone, but not tonight!  Very interesting!!).  I just want to be treated like a loyal customer.  I can get marginal service at a cheaper price by going to other providers.  I have stayed wtih Comcast over the years because I feel there has been a reciprocal sense of loyalty between me and the company.  If someone doesn't help me out quickly, I will throw Comcast into the junk heap of other "big name companies" who have lost sight of the importance of keeping good and loyal customers.  I'm still hoping I can be a Comcast guy.  I'm not exactly sure why.  I guess I believe that loyalty should still mean something. 

New Poster

Re: Need Customer Loyalty Support!

I received help from an Xfinity representative just a few days ago on this. I had a similar negative experience with the toll free customer help people, but I was able to get a new 2 year contract price exactly the same as my old contract price from a person in the loyalty department. Keep working at this and I think you will get the help you seek!

Frequent Visitor

Totally agree! I’ve been in search of the “ loyalty department” myself. I also can not seem to get the package/contract I had before all these so called improvements that only cost me more $$$! Not many choices in my area! I would switch in a heartbeat, actually like comcast for what they offer, but the prices they expect us to pay....I do not understand how they can justify the money they want from us just to watch tv and have wifi....

Expert

@Harleylady7 wrote:

Totally agree! I’ve been in search of the “ loyalty department” myself. I also can not seem to get the package/contract I had before all these so called improvements that only cost me more $$$! Not many choices in my area! I would switch in a heartbeat, actually like comcast for what they offer, but the prices they expect us to pay....I do not understand how they can justify the money they want from us just to watch tv and have wifi....

Developing technology and infrastructure upgrades so that you can have the best possible connections.  Plus, Networks are charging the cable companies more because the cost of producing and transmitting television shows is going up - those pesky actors seem to think they need to get paid for their services and if a show is a hit, those actors feel they deserve higher salaries.  There is a lot that goes on behind the "scenes", so to speak that most people don't take into consideration.  We all would like to have more money in our wallet instead of cobwebs, but in reality, the price for any service has gone up, and it's not just Comcast.  The cost of utilities and manufacturing has risen as well.  So, we all have the same complaint because cable and internet have become our life, but the bottom line is we want quality, we just don't like paying the high cost for it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi @boss4life, @Jill11, and @Harleylady7

Welcome to the Forum. Thanks for sharing your experiences. Although I am not a member of the Loyalty department, I do have all the offers/promotions they do. I'd like to review each of your accounts with you and discuss billing options that may better fit your needs. Please send me a message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click send a message. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, and the name of the account holder if it's different than yours. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!