Community Forum

My new bill is skyrocketing

Highlighted
New Poster

My new bill is skyrocketing

I checked my online account and new April bill was 45$ more than my normal bill. I learned that after two years promotion is over, I am going to be charged A LOT. So is it fair to an exisiting customer to be charged MORE so that we stay? I want to cancel my service with Xfinity because of this, but before I take on that as a last resort, please let me know what is the better way so we both can win.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: My new bill is skyrocketing

@tylerdao I also find this reality unsettling and straining on existing customers.

It is not to say that I weren't aware of a different, higher price after a contract period, but I never expected the new price to leave such a huge difference e..g, mine is at least $70.00 in hike, tax and fees included.

Another problem I found in the recent days is the fact that Customer Service has been unavailable for the most parts, and that is questionable since I can see that new customers are assisted in such enthusiasm everywhere e.g., Facebook, Reddit, Twitter. I understand that the coronavirus pandemic is impacting all of us, but it is right now that customer service needs to be more proactive and engaged with loyal customers. Comcast should try to do better for its existing and long-term customers. Don't you see that we are also your partners in this?

P.S: Your online form xfinity.com/support/schedule-callback is faulty (crashes often). Please consider fixing this issue ASAP and reply to our forum posts more frequently.

Highlighted
New Poster

@Infinityesh You are spot on. I am not sure if this type of business model works should only work with new customers only since they truly careless about their existing customers. Needless to say, without customers, there is really no business like this. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi @taylordao and @Infinityesh

Thank you both for taking the time out of your days to post to the Xfinity Forums. We appreciate your feedback. I understand what you mean about the difference in pricing for new customers and existing customers. Brand new customers are offered lower-priced plans at an introductory rate. Like existing customer offers, promotions and or discounts are provided for a limited time, and once those discounts roll-off, it will cause your package price to revert its standard rate (Every Day Price). 

These discounts are not only for new customers. This applies to our existing customers too. When you sign up for a package, the same thing applies. You're given a discounted rate for 12 or 24-months (depending on what is available and what you select). Then, when your agreement expires - like all of our packages, the rate increases. I usually advise customers to reach out a month before your contract or the promotional period expires to try to avoid these situations. 

Yes, there have been longer wait times than usual, and we apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused. If you do need an answer right away, feel free to contact my peers and me on our other social sites (Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit). Because this is a peer-to-peer support forum, we may not answer right away.  

@taylordao, I've received your private message and will reply shortly. @Infinityesh, I would be more than happy to help you as well. Let's chat in a private message so we can discuss other package options that would help lower your rate.  Just send me a private message with your first and last name and your full-service address. To send a private message, click on "ComcastChe" and then click send a message. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

It is true that new packages are offered to existing customers but they are not as good of deals as the ones for new customers. For example, I just called a few minutes ago to get a better package since my bill went up to $245. I was told the only thing available right now was $20 cheaper but I lose 4 channels. I'm feeling lucky today. 

Highlighted
New Poster

My new bill has increased from 7219.45 TO $245.20 wHY

Highlighted
New Poster

i NEED TO TALK TO AN AGENT.

Highlighted
New Poster

You can't get billing information on-line (the costs of various packages, and what each includes), and you can't speak to a representative!  This is a terrible way to treat long-time customers.  My bill has become onerous!

Highlighted
New Poster

So angry with Xfinity because no ability to contact/talk.

My bill has increased dramatically and I want to know why....and I promise to cancel when this crisis is over. 

I know they are big, but who cares.....I do promise to cancel as I have tried muliple times and ways to reach them just for information and I am blocked at every turn.  Is this an FCC or BBB or other agency issue?

I rarely get outraged about stuff that is frustrating by nature, but this is beyong insulting to customers.

Highlighted
Expert

@Namaste53 wrote:

So angry with Xfinity because no ability to contact/talk.

My bill has increased dramatically and I want to know why....and I promise to cancel when this crisis is over. 

It may be that your contract/promotion expired, which is usually why a bill increases dramatically.  Compare this billing statement with a couple of your past statements to see where the increase came in.  Also, always read the notes on your bills for important information such as upcoming increases.

I know they are big, but who cares.....I do promise to cancel as I have tried muliple times and ways to reach them just for information and I am blocked at every turn.  Is this an FCC or BBB or other agency issue?

With the shelter in place dictate there are a lot more people needing help than usual so the phone systems are overwhelmed.  Oh, I agree it's frustrating, especially when you need help and/or information and can't connect with anyone.  It's the nature of the beast [Covid-19] right now and Comcast is doing everything they can to accommodate as many people as they can.  It's not ideal by any means, but if you have a "flood" of millions of people suddenly working from home yet the same number of employees trying to help, well, patience, understanding, and compassion are virtues right now.

I rarely get outraged about stuff that is frustrating by nature, but this is beyong insulting to customers.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I reached out early to no avail. I have yet to have anyone answer me here as well. I posted before the bill went up, and then saw an increase this month.

Last year I called customer service as soon as the bill went up. I was told there would be a promotion in two weeks. There wasn't. I kept calling over a couple of months, all the while paying almost double what I had been. I finally got help on this forum.

This time, no one has answered either of my posts. The current one was on the 27th, so that's okay, but the first one  was on 4/17 though and no answer.  I do feel for those who have to anser the posts here though, since usually the customer is frustrated by bad customer service by the time they get here. 

I get internet only, and that is all I want. I am not really happy with the way Xfinity treats loyal customers. I am getting ready to cancel and use just the cell phones for a while, as I wait for Verizon to connect FIOS. I still need to add a new recepticle near the instalation point so I will be ready for them. 

My new plan, if XFinity continues this way, is to have modems for both FIOS and XFinity, and switch back and forth, as necessary, but honestly, once a customer switches, it is difficult to get them back.

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here. I joined Xfinity after dumping the other shared monopoly called AT&T. I was with AT&T for nearly two years. I went with Comcast after reading how much faster a cable modem is compared to the lines ATT was using. Now when I need to save money, we now have just two choices: AT&T or Comcast. Due to the area we live in, we cannot get service from Charter (just one block down the street) My parents have charter and I have seen that their just internet price is about $22 cheaper per month than the bill I am paying now. I pay for internet BLAST $98 per month. According to Consumer Guru Clark Howard, customers in Europe pay half of what we pay in the U.S., and they also have gigabit speed along with the lower cost per month. I spoke with (over FB messenger) a from in Malmo Sweden. She pays about $65 per month for JUST INTERNET and she has gigabit speed. She is paying $30 less per month for FASTER INTERNET!