Community Forum

My name on closed account

Highlighted
New Poster

My name on closed account

I just signed up for xfinity internet around May 4th(?) and was charged May 25th for the month.  This cost me $35 more from the bank as I expected having until June 4th to pay. When I try to sign in to check what is going on I am told my account is disconnected and unavailable. I was on the account of a friend until she died on 01/09/2020 and she left me the house. Her old account was closed out back in April and again I started a new account in my name only. I need help getting my name removed from the old account in my friends name and having my new account updated...   

Highlighted
Expert

Re: My name on closed account

@EJHunt wrote:

I just signed up for xfinity internet around May 4th(?) and was charged May 25th for the month.  This cost me $35 more from the bank as I expected having until June 4th to pay. When I try to sign in to check what is going on I am told my account is disconnected and unavailable. I was on the account of a friend until she died on 01/09/2020 and she left me the house. Her old account was closed out back in April and again I started a new account in my name only. I need help getting my name removed from the old account in my friends name and having my new account updated...   

Did you pay on her account from January through April?  Did you get a final bill?  Was she on a contract that was still in place at the time her account was closed?  I ask because it sounds as though your new account was disconnected because of an outstanding billing issue.  Accounts are not just tied to a person but also to an address.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!