Community Forum

Move starting date of service

New Poster

Move starting date of service

Hi,

Please let me know of a good way to not be charged for service and move my activation date to 08/23 and start my promotional rate from that date.

Details -

On 07/13, I had requested new Xfinity internet service with start date of 07/23.

Xfinity internet did not work on 07/24 when i tried to activate my own modem.  On customer service call found that there was external work scheduled for 07/25.  Gave up on activation after a couple of tries on 2 different calls. 

Later on 07/24, Requested by chat that my account start date be moved to 08/23.  This is because my current provider does not do pro-rated billing. See below quote (edited to remove names)

"

will i be charged starting from 08/25 and not before that?
1:37:19 PM : You will be getting charged starting from 08/25 not before that.
1:37:30 PM : Your services will get started from 08/23 and before that you will not get charged anything."

07/26 - I call to confirm that i will not be charged till 08/23 but the agent could not find anything like that. Was told that i am being charged for service now. Suggested going on seasonal hold. This has a charge. I think it is ridiculous that i have to pay because xfinity could not start the service in a timely manner.

What can i do? I want to keep the new customer promotion for 12 months from 08/23/2019.

Any suggestions on the best way to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

Re: Move starting date of service

Hi there, Tep23. 

You have reached the right place for help. 

I want to pull up your account and take a look. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

I wanted to reach out and touch base before closing out the post. 

Did you have any other questions? 

Thanks for posting! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Closing out due to inactivity. 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out!

Thank you for being a part of our forums and Comcast!