Community Forum

Modem Rental Charge for "Own" Modem

New Poster

Modem Rental Charge for "Own" Modem

Hi,

I've been trying to resolve modem rental fee on my "own" modem. It's been 3 calls, with the last one I was told to wait for a few days, and check the account; it's been a few days, the status on my online account still indicates "rental" modem. FYI: after replacing the rental modem with my "own", the fee went away for about 3 years, then the rental fee started showing up on the bill.

Anyone having the same issue?

Kan

New Poster

Re: Modem Rental Charge for "Own" Modem

I didn't realize there are so many of you having the same issues with modem rental fees being charged incorrectly.

Official Employee

Hello Taupie. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums and thank you for creating your first post. I can assist with reviewing your account, and researching your modem status in order to determine why you are being charged. We may have to submit a corporate equipment research ticket to research the serial number and MAC. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. You can click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile and send me a private message. Click "Send a private message" and private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi Taupie. Since I didn't get a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send a private message if you continue to need help with this, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!