Community Forum

Misrepresented Rates

New Poster

Misrepresented Rates

In the past, I was promised that my lock in rate would not change for 24 months and it did.  I dropped Comcast and went to Dish.  Some of the xfinity services drew us back to Comcast.  On my recent bill, the equipment and broadcast fees increased.  When I called, I was informed that the "fine print" states that those rates could increase despite the Comcast representative clearly confirm that when I signed up for the plan that I can expect the same monthly bill for 24 months.  I will be pricing other services to replace Comcast.  I have found over the years that there is a lack of uniformity in the representations made by Comcast representatives.  At one of my other properties, I was going to switch from ATT U-Verse to Comcast.  I was quoted a satisfactory rate and was all ready for the installation.  The day before the installation, I received a call from another Comcast representative to go over the rates and it was $100 higher.  The Comcast representative told me that the original rep who quoted the rate was incorrect and never should have told me what she told me.  I cancelled the installation and called ATT who provided me with a favorable rate to keep my business.