Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

Contributor

Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

I called Comcast in April asking to downgrade my service. Instead, the woman gave me a few dollars off my existing bundle and said to check back in July. So, I called today, and got totally different information. Now you tell me I can’t lower my price without sacrificing the internet service I have, and you can’t change my price to what I was to,d in April because I just changed it! I was mislead. I was to,d that I could choose the Select plan for $152.99 and keep my Blast internet. Now I got a completely different story. I’m about ready to just cancel everything and move to a different provider. I’m calling a manager tomorrow. It’s really unethical to LIE to customers.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Misleading existing customers Re: promotions

Hello rmlerario, I am more than happy to help you downgrade your services so that you only pay for what you need. For further assistance, please send me a private message with your full name, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

New Poster

i too was misled started a new contract last month and this month there is a new charge i was not told about when i agreed to the contract last month. they are saying this is a new charge for new contracts well why was it not in the contract last month when i agreed to it. now if i cancel there is a early termination fee of $230.00, i have been a comcast customer since 1997! 21 years! i am looking at other options every month the price is going up even when you agree to a new contract the very next month the price goes up ridiculous!
Contributor

No need to contact me. I filed a formal complaint with the better Businnes Bureau and have since received a phone call from your Executive Offices. She was able to downgrade my service without sacrificing the Blast Internet service. BUT I have yet to see the prorated credit in my account. So far, the only thing that’s been prorated are the new charges.