Community Forum

Loyal customer trying to switch from Triple Play to Double Play and treated like dirt

Regular Visitor

Loyal customer trying to switch from Triple Play to Double Play and treated like dirt

My contract just expired, with the bill jumping over $30.00 per month to $219.80 (including fees and taxes). Outrageous!

As a long time customer of Comcast, I have had the Triple Play plan since it came out over ten years ago (well over $20,000 to Comcast over that time alone). Looking at ways to cut costs, I realized that in all that time, I have answered my phone only twice, so I decided to do away with the phone and go to an Internet/TV only plan (Double Play). Calling Comcast customer service on the phone was a huge waste of time, with them telling me that removing the phone portion of the plan would actually make my bill go up.

What I really want is the same TV and internet service with no phone, and at a lower, not higher, price to reflect the reduction in service. I see the "X1 Premier Double Play" plan is offered to new customers for $134.99 per month with a one year contract. That would seem to be exactly what I am looking for, preferably with a 2 year contract, but to get it I will have to become a "new" customer, which means leaving Comcast for at least six months. A competing company has just pulled fiber down my street, and are starting to put out some very interesting offers. If I go through the hassle of changing over to them, it is not likely that I will be returning to Comcast at any time in the future.

It is very insulting, and seems like bad business practice, for a company to spend so much on promotions and advertising to attract new customers, when loyal paying customers like me get dismissed and treated rudely to the point of being driven away.

Official Employee

Re: Loyal customer trying to switch from Triple Play to Double Play and treated like dirt

Hello aaron_p. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. We certainly value your business, opinions, and feedback. We appreciate all our customers, existing and new. Regarding promotional discounted offers, we offer an introductory rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. If you would like, I can assist you with an account review to explore the options to downgrade your services to a Double Play, I can help. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can access your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Loyal customer trying to switch from Triple Play to Double Play and treated like dirt

Glad we were able to figure out an offer that works better for you, aaron_p. Thank you for creating the post, and thank you for using the Forums!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!