Community Forum

Loyal customer here - terrible deals. What happened?

New Poster

Loyal customer here - terrible deals. What happened?

Holy cow, my old deals wore off and now my bill went up 80%.  I've been trying to work with the loyalty department to find a 'deal' but there is absolutely nothing.  My cablecard fees skyrocketed as well as the preferred channels. 

It seems like since they have no competition, they can just increase at will.  I'm seriously thinking of going Huly Live TV or YouTube TV.

And can I ask a favor to all customer service agents? - STOP asking what channels I watch.  Thats the first question you always ask.  Just listen to what we want first and stop the sales pitch.

Can anyone help?

Official Employee

Re: Loyal customer here - terrible deals. What happened?

Hello ridge19, thank you for your public post,  I will gladly help review current promotions with you. I have sent you a private message.

Thank you 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

You're not alone.  I, for one, feel your pain. For some unknown reason, my bill just went up.  I had updated my service agreement with them in the past 6 months for 24 months.  My X1Preferred Double Play standard rate increased from 109.99 to 126.13, plus other surcharges here and there.  I have no idea why.  Nothing on my prior bill to indicate there would be an increase in rates.  To me, it is a ridiculous amount to pay for cable and internet.  I don't even watch half the channels, it is just that if I downgrade, the channels I actually DO watch aren't part of the package.  I'm ready to "cut the cord" myself.  

Frequent Visitor

There are no deals for Loyal customers.  I have been a customer for a long time and only way i can get the good pricing is to use a different name after the two years.  I have the best package they offer...I want to down grade but I can not even see pricing unless I call.  Why??? Person says the best I can get for the internet I currently have and cable with no boxes is $159 but if I was new customer it would be $79.  LOL really.  I dont want to talk to anyone I want be able to manage my account online.  Everytime I click on manage plane or anything to do with my plan it brings me to a xfintiy error page saying I already Have nextlix to make chnages call ... 

Regular Visitor

It is the xfinity way.  I am in the same boat