Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Long-term customer (Senior) needs reasonably priced Internet Only Plan

Regular Visitor

Long-term customer (Senior) needs reasonably priced Internet Only Plan

Like everyone else, bill keeps going up. This past year, had a Comcast promotion for Local Channels Only/25 mbps Internet that came to about $87 mo -- way more than I could afford (spine injury, lost my job) to pay, especially since I only use internet. Don't even have the cable box plugged in but promo was cheaper than Internet Only. Local Channels = $10 month so was basically paying $77 month for 25 mbps internet.

Now the bill is up to $108 per month. Called and all they offered was 25 mbps Internet Only for $92, or a Promo with 100mbps + Cable TV Channels for $92.90. Only option for cheaper internet was going down to 10 mbps @$49.95, which is painfully slow in my area--used to have that and wasn't sufficient for some online work that I pick up.

Looking into other options, online, I found a Comcast offer for 25 mbps Internet Only for $29 month! Why doesn't Comcast make me an offer like that? Everytime I talk to Customer Solutions I feel like I'm asking a stern boss for a raise (and the answer is always, "NO"!

Official Employee

Re: Long-term customer (Senior) needs reasonably priced Internet Only Plan

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.