Community Forum

Listed as secondary user on account

Regular Visitor

Listed as secondary user on account

Hi, when I attempt to look at certain things on my account, like "Billing details", I get a message saying: "As a secondary user, you do not have access to certain features on this account." However, when I click on the "Users" tab, I'm listed as the Primary person (and I'm the ONLY person on this account), so I am not sure why it is saying that I am a "Secondary User". Can someone please assist me with this? 
Problem Solver

Re: Listed as secondary user on account

Are you sure you're logging in with the Primary user profile login and not the Secondary user profile login?  Could be they have the same name associated but different login profiles.

You might look at 'User Roles' (edit) when looking at Users.  Although as Primary, I don't get the User Roles->Edit option, only an alternate user does.

Sounds like something might be messed up with your login/account settings.  Maybe an agent will chime in here and assist.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Problem Solver

Here is a link found doing a simple forum search of 'secondary user', of a post with similar issue and what appears to be a resolution: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/My-Account-Sign-In-Xfinity-Website/Primary-and-Secondary-user/m-p/3171...

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Regular Visitor

Followed your suggested link, and got assistance from ComcastElla. She straightened everything out. Thanks for the helpful tip!