Community Forum

Lack of Consideration.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Lack of Consideration.

My elderly mother chalked up a pay-per-view event bill totaling over $400, IN ONE DAY!!!!  The electricity went out and when it came back on she went button-pushing crazy and ended up programming these events, and she didn't watch one of them, she just wanted her basic cable back on. She made the mistake of paying half, $200 before allowing my siblings or myself to intervene. My brother called into xfinity customer service as was able to get it reduced to $200 but I wasn't satisfied with that, in fact nobody should be satisfied with that. My mother has been paying over $40 a month for basic cable, we've been trying to change her plans or at least streaming, she wasn't receptive until now. Xfinity/comcast weren't willing to recognize this was a complete mistake and holding a fixed-income retiree to an excessive bill. After several decades of being a customer we are cancelling my mother's service. And, myself, once my obligation 12 months expire in October I will not be renewing. Good job, greed prevails.